Feeling Gilty

Rosario

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, but have been reading in for a while now. I must say you guys here have been a great help to me and so I decided to join.

Today it makes exactly 3 weeks that I've been on my clear liquids and protein shakes, and tomorrow is my follow up, where I will get the go ahead to start the next stage in my diet. I have been extremely good and have done everything by the book, until today. I went to lunch with a co-worker of mine and we decided to have soup, which was fine I usually just drink the broth, but she brought these really small shrimp rolls (REALLY SMALL) and I ate one. (about 4inch long)

I chewed really well, but I feel so guilty now. I

Don't feel guilty. You have done great. What is done is done and you can't undo it. Probably, you will moved on to the next stage tomorrow anyway. Just be sure to follow all the advice as closely as you can. You wouldn't want to cause yourself any problems later. But my advice is just not to worry about it, since you can't undo it anyway. Just start again today, doing everything perfect.

Becki

I agree with Becki - what's done is done and you seem fine so try to relax. the first three weeks are the most critical for healing and even if you feel good your insides are still healing and you want that band to stay in place! So, just don't go hog wild and stick to the diet until you have your doc's approval to move on - you will probably be on mushies before total solids but who knows - remember, your band healing is like a cut finger -it stops bleeding pretty quick but it takes several weeks to heal completely.