ahhhhhhh the pain

Hi everyone!! I was banded on friday, and boy this gas pain is killing me?? I dont understand why my doctor would not give me gas-x or something to releive the pain...any suggestions?? Im already walking like crazy and it doesnt help me much.plus I have sores in my mouh because all i do is drink liquids which is driving me crazt...im starving!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!! I was banded on friday, and boy this gas pain is killing me?? I dont understand why my doctor would not give me gas-x or something to releive the pain...any suggestions?? Im already walking like crazy and it doesnt help me much.plus I have sores in my mouh because all i do is drink liquids which is driving me crazt...im starving!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry for you! The meds didn't help me either...I'm on day 18 and I had gas pains for about 9 days...like someone else said on here lying down is what worked for me. Sitting for any significant period of time just made the pains worse. Lying down pushes the gas up or down...and out! Mine usually went down...burping is harder for me now for some reason, but try lying down! The relief is almost instant!

Good Luck!

thanks guys for all your tips!!! I also feel like mini- heartburns...is this normal?? right now my stomach is empty because I just did wake up....I hope this is not something I'm going to feel for the rest of my life. oh but the positive part is that I just lost 5 pounds and it's only been 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sure it has to do with this liquid diet but I'm loving it!!!!! Im waiting for these inscisions to heal so then I can get back to my normal routine. I have one more day off of work but I think I'm going to take off one more day.....I work in the city and I'm not up to speed walking just yet :)

It gets better quickly. I had some gas pains but not too much. I found if I drank to much in a short period I would get them worse. Walking helped me most. Slowly drinking warm stuff helped. But you kinda have to figure out what works for you. Give the gas a couple of days.

thanks guys for all your tips!!! I also feel like mini- heartburns...is this normal?? right now my stomach is empty because I just did wake up....I hope this is not something I'm going to feel for the rest of my life. oh but the positive part is that I just lost 5 pounds and it's only been 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sure it has to do with this liquid diet but I'm loving it!!!!! Im waiting for these inscisions to heal so then I can get back to my normal routine. I have one more day off of work but I think I'm going to take off one more day.....I work in the city and I'm not up to speed walking just yet :)

I am suffering the gas pains right now too! I got banded 6 days ago and yesterday I was wondering if it was going to feel this way forever. Today is a little better and I'm hoping tomorrow it will be gone. I have been taking Gas-Ex. It seems to help a little bit. Hang in there! We will survive!

I cheated :( I had to eat something........I started getting sores in my mouth and I just couldnt take it anymore....I had some chicken nuggets from perdue but I made sure I chewed chewed chewed...I hope I didnt do something wrong but I just couldnt take it...tomorrow I'm going to go back to liquids only...but I only had 3 peices and whoa did I feel sooooooooooooooo full!!!!! Has anyone here cheated on the liquid diet??? I havent even seen my surgeon yet!!

Mari, you're going to have to dig deep to find ways to stay on your liquids - this is such an important part of healing.

You could be setting yourself up for problems down the road. What you eat today to stretch out your stomach, could result in the band slipping down the road.

If you don't get a grip now, the band is just going to be a useless and expensive piece of plastic inside you - it can't do the work for you.

Here is a link to some You Tube videos - there is info on why the liquid phase is sooooo important and there is one on the importance of attitude.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=LAPBANDVIDEOS

Be strong!!!

~Kim

I cheated :( I had to eat something........I started getting sores in my mouth and I just couldnt take it anymore....I had some chicken nuggets from perdue but I made sure I chewed chewed chewed...I hope I didnt do something wrong but I just couldnt take it...tomorrow I'm going to go back to liquids only...but I only had 3 peices and whoa did I feel sooooooooooooooo full!!!!! Has anyone here cheated on the liquid diet??? I havent even seen my surgeon yet!!

Hi,

That is a pretty big cheat!!! Please don' t do it again. You could really hurt yourself. You don't want anything to get stuck in your band or in the stitches. I am surprised that chicken nuggets did not hurt. Just taking medications hurt me. I was scared to death to go on solids. This site really tries to emphasize that cheating can put you in hospital during the healing phase. You could pull a stitch or damage the band.

I know his is a very difficult time. If banded by the OCC, it is liquids for 21 days. And no mushy foods until after the 21 days. You may have a totally different diet than the majority of OCC bandees.

I thought the first 21 days were hell. I mushed stuff between my teeth and then spit it out when I thought I was totally gonna lose it. I pureed ministrone soup which is sort of a no-no. I diluted tomato soup with broth so I could at least have that. Sqeesh jello between your teeth or pudding. I would make homemade pudding, but made it soupy so I could drink it.

Just keep talking to us and we will help you through this.

We care and do not want you to injure your band. We are all battling an addiction to food. I am now battling the solid foods. I thought I would have more willpower than this. I can not wait til my 1st fill on 9/13.

take care of your "new" self,

Amy

You've only been banded since August 29th and you ate already? I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you ate already then you probably shouldn't have gotten the band. Didn't your doctor tell you that you absolutely cannot have any sort of food for 21 days? Didn't you realize the damage you could do? Gas pains or not, you cannot have food.

I am sorry to sound so mean here, but it doesn't sound like you were ready for the band. I know that I am someone who usually offers encouragement to people and not meaness, but it's only been a few days. It's not like you are near the end if your 21 days and snuck in some thick soup, you ate chicken nuggets.

I think you need to get serious with yourself and say; right here and right now, NO MORE FOOD and that you WILL follow the diet exactly, or honestly, you may as well go have the band removed for it isn't going to do anything for you except maybe hurt you since you will more than likely stretch the band and hurt your insides.