wearing old clothes.

Well I cleaned out my closet and drawers today. I have done it a couple of times over the years. I always have a few pieces I hold on to because I love them so much and hope to fit into them one day. Guess what...Today was that day. One was a dress and it looked real good. The belt was broken but I will buy a new one. The others were fancy nighties my husband had bought for me from Victoria Secretes. Well they were a size large and I put them on to see how much longer it would take for me to wear them and they fit. My hasband was very impressed and MOTIVATED. We had a great afternoon. I felt like a million bucks today. That was my non scale victory. (NSV) Also I carried in a 25 pound bag of dog food and my husband said "ya know that is how much weight you have lost." I said"plus a 5 pound bag of sugar" What a great day. We ended the day by taking the kids to a mexican restraunt for dinner. I have not been to one since before surgery. I could tell right away the chips were not going to work well so I only had about 3 and I did not find the food all that great. So I only had a couple of bites. I worked myself up for this great food and walked out thinking it was a hugh disapointment. My taste buds have changed I guess. I do not desire that food anymore. I guess that's another NSV!!!!

That's fabulous Dawn!! I try not to dwell too much on the scale and try on clothing in my closet every other week just to see if some of the clothes that were too small, fit. So far I have been doing well. I literally shop in my own closet. I have already donated 4 bags to charity.

I have some great clothes and peices I just love too, but soon they will be way too big and I will have to give them away...but the good news is...I get to buy more!!

Whoothoo! For you!!!

My first goal is to fit into some clothes that fit me just a year ago spring - then when they don't fit any more i'll be really excited!

Congrats that is a great milestone!

I purged purged purged all my closets and shoe racks today! I have bins of clothes that are all to big for me! I went to Old navy with a girlfriend and tried on a really cute pair of grey capri's.. I thought NO WAY will these fit me but I'll try 'em and see how much farther I have to go.. Guess what??!?!? THEY FIT!!! Size 18 and they fit, really nicely! I also bought a really cute henley shirt in a size XL... yes.. ME IN A SIZE XL shirt! oh the god's were smiling on me today =D> ><' ><'

After this is when I decided to get rid of all my stuff that is to big.. even if I wear the same things over and over I told myself to STOP wearing stuff that is to big for me and hides my body. My closet has about 1/3 of what was in it and I am happy about it!

It's only after hitting the 50lbs lost that people really started noticing. Yah for the lapband! Yah for all of us!!! ><' ><'

I am so happy for all of us. I hope the one's who are thinking about it see that it does work. Also I hope our new girls that just had it done can have some motavation to get thru those first few weeks. I think if you are positive for yourself and others you get blessed and things just keep going that way. a positve attitude is very powerful.