at the lucerna

Hello all,

I am getting close to the 24 hour mark of post op. Right now the gas pain in chest is a killer. I have been walking and taking the gas ex strips but it still hurts. it feel like when you drink to large of a gulp and the swallow gets stuck in the chest. Did that feel like what any of you had? I do not like it. I am also hungry. Was hoping that would have waited a few weeks. Other than that, I feel good.

Hi there, so happy to hear that you are on the other side! Welcome to BANDLAND!!!

Gas pains will subside, drink slowly, sip, sip, sip..gulps will cause more gas build up in your chest...you can gulp later.

Walk too, it helps the gas move up and out.

Take care and let us know when you get home!

Congrats is sounds like it all went pretty well! Im sure you will feel better and better every day.

Congrats!!!

Hey Heidi,

Glad to hear that your surgery went well!! Just got my band about an hour ago.. although I think i've lost track of time! I'm in room 328 and we will be there until Saturday morning, hopefully we will cross paths!

Yeah Heidi....glad to see you are doing alright. Those tight chest pains are killer but each day that seem to get fewer and farther between. To be honest, the gas x and the phazyme did nothing for me. I kept taking them and it just didn't seem to change anything. So I just started dealing with the gas until it started come out my rear end and I felt better. I hope you have a safe trip home and can't wait to hear how things continue to progress for you. Also, don't be alarmed if you step on the scale and see you have gone up a few pounds. I did this and it bummed me out. I almost wish I hadn't even looked. Best wishes.

Okay, I leave for the airport in about 45 minutes and I really covet all prayers for my 3 1/2 hour plane ride. It is very hard to sit still and I am getting anxiety just thinking about it. The gas is still pretty bad and I have not slept much since I am a tummy sleeper, that sort of sucks. I am also really nervous because Dr o and Martinez found a cyst behind my stomach during surgery. Right now, i am a little emotional. :lb12: please pray for me if you are so inclined. Thanks again for all of your support. You all mean so much to me. Btw, did you all have gurgling during the night. Talk about annoying!!!!1

I just decided that it was the fat "band"ito talking to me in the night when I gurgle. He almost always steals a little bit of fat every night. The gas pains were gone after a week or so. On morning 6 I actually woke up on my stomach! Good luck for the flight, It will be over before you know it.