I think I'm losing my mind...

vix

I can't believe that I have to ask this, but I can't find it anywhere and feel stupid BUT....what is the length of the preop diet for us OCC banders? I did the shake/Lean Cuisine for one week before and am on my 6th day (almost) of the clear liquid diet. I get to start on the full liquid diet on Friday, but does that last for one week or two?

Thanks guys! :wacko:

here's a link with instructions to the T....

Post-Op diet instructions

This link for the post op diet is not the same one that we were just given last friday. It's similar but still a little different. Here is what the paper says that we just received a week ago from the OCC. I will type it directly from the paper

First week (day 1-7)

only clear liquids such as fruit juices, broth, tea, gatorade, protein water, coffee, popsicles.

Second and third week (day 4-21)

day (4-8) begin with nonfat yogurt 1/2 cup servings, liquid with no chunks of fruit

day (6-10) add liquid protein to the regimen, at least 30 g of protein per day

Examples of protein drinks:optifast, isopure, carb solutions, EAS, slim fast optima, ETC.

Day (7-11) Add creamy soups, no chuncks.

This liquid diet is for 21 days.

There is NO MUSHY FOODS ALLOWED!!!

fourth week Day (22-28)

solid meals.

Vix, did this answer your question? If you have any other questions from the paper work we got, just let me know or if I wasn't very clear.

This link for the post op diet is not the same one that we were just given last friday. It's similar but still a little different. Here is what the paper says that we just received a week ago from the OCC. I will type it directly from the paper

First week (day 1-7)

only clear liquids such as fruit juices, broth, tea, gatorade, protein water, coffee, popsicles.

Second and third week (day 4-21)

day (4-8) begin with nonfat yogurt 1/2 cup servings, liquid with no chunks of fruit

day (6-10) add liquid protein to the regimen, at least 30 g of protein per day

Examples of protein drinks:optifast, isopure, carb solutions, EAS, slim fast optima, ETC.

Day (7-11) Add creamy soups, no chuncks.

This liquid diet is for 21 days.

There is NO MUSHY FOODS ALLOWED!!!

fourth week Day (22-28)

solid meals.

Vix, did this answer your question? If you have any other questions from the paper work we got, just let me know or if I wasn't very clear.

Thanks Jess...I thought that's what it was but just couldn't find my folder. I still think my mind is a little fuzzy...lol