13 days to go

I am on pre-op diet. It is weird, I will lose 4 pounds, then gain back 3. Lose 5, per scale, then gain back 2. I have no idea what I have lost. I got a new scale, says I have lost nothing. I am freaking out. I dont want to be rejected. These next 13 days, I might as well live on water. I am doing the slimfast and the lean Quizene. I had one slip and here I am. I am hungry. I am so stressed out. I am really trying. I have been so good. No candy, no donuts, one pop in 2 weeks. That is a miracle for me. I even gave up the mocha, I have only had one in two weeks. I miss it so bad. I love my coffee mochas. Anyone have any advise on how to speed this up?

I am on pre-op diet. It is weird, I will lose 4 pounds, then gain back 3. Lose 5, per scale, then gain back 2. I have no idea what I have lost. I got a new scale, says I have lost nothing. I am freaking out. I dont want to be rejected. These next 13 days, I might as well live on water. I am doing the slimfast and the lean Quizene. I had one slip and here I am. I am hungry. I am so stressed out. I am really trying. I have been so good. No candy, no donuts, one pop in 2 weeks. That is a miracle for me. I even gave up the mocha, I have only had one in two weeks. I miss it so bad. I love my coffee mochas. Anyone have any advise on how to speed this up?

Are your slimfasts high in protein? I think for me that makes a huge difference. Before the preop diet I could never lose more that 2 pounds a week, even the first week. But the high protein kicked in and did some major damage. Also make sure you are not having too much carbs or sodium in the lean cuisines, you may be bloating. I have a feeling if you are following the diet per instructions you will drop a few pounds one morning and be surprised. good luck, I know how hungry you can get, I thought I would not last one more day...everyday.

The slim fast shakes usually have more calories than recommended by the OCC pre-op diet I was sent. It stated that the shake you drink should be no more than 225 cal./shake. That's why I chose my local drug stores generic brand. I know that the Slimfast Optimum shake mix that I have in the house right now is 260 cal./shake. Maybe you should consider the 3 shake a day option for a day or two and see if it moves anything. That with lots of water should do the trick.

Cheers,

KIM

I used Atkins brand instead of the slimfast. Much less carbs and much more protein. They are also very good. I think the idea of doing just 1 or 2 days on the 3 shakes per day might help you kick in to losing. You can add fresh veggies to snack on. Get some fresh spinach in a bag and eat one of those a day, cucumbers and celery are good ones to snack on. And for sure if you are not drinking at least 2 liters of water, more like 3 a day you will not lose. I just got back from vacation and didn't drink my water except maybe 16-20 oz a day and gained 3 pounds!! It's that simple. Drink crystal light if you have to to get the water in and add benefiber to it to help keep you full longer from it. So here's your shopping list:

Atkins shakes

fresh spinach

lettuce bags for quick salads

cucumber

celery

crystal light

benefiber

ministrone soup, this one Dr. Miranda said could be a snack if needed.

Write down every bit that goes into your mouth no matter how small it is. The "little tastes" i do of things makes a huge difference in calories. You can do this Kim. Stay off that scale for 1 week or even 2 as this will make you crazy. Weighing daily or even every few days is nothing but self torture, if you like that then do it. Once a week is as often as you should weigh to maintain sanity.

You will do this Kim if you really want to. Time is a wasting and before you know it your day to leave will be here and you'll be a nervous wreck especially if you havn't lost weight. Buckle down. You are making good choices and giving up things you've had for years so let me pat you on the back for making these huge changes. Now it's time to step it up as you only have 10 days to go!! What about some sort of exercise? Even a 20 minute walk around your neighborhood would make a difference. Make your husband watch Devin and just tell him you must do this or you won't have your surgery .Period. Call me, I am home if you want to chat.

We leave on the 18th, that does not give me alot of time. I am going to get more shakes tomorrow and maybe I should go on them 3 x a day and forget eating. I have to do something. I want this to happen. I am going to freak out if I dont start losing. I wonder if TOM is coming and that is what is causing this, I feel bloated. I went and walked around clackamas town center, now I am tired. I dont want to be this way. I lost 25 pounds on Jenny Craig, I know this is possible. I just dont understand why this is not moving. Maybe it is the water, I dont drink enough. I have only had 8 ounces today and I am not even thirsty.

Those Slim Fast shakes have to be the worst tasting of all of the weight loss shakes. I started with them, but I bought some EAS powder from Sam's Club and the taste is much better than the pre mixed. It also has much more protein and less carbs and calories.

Maybe it is the water, I dont drink enough. I have only had 8 ounces today and I am not even thirsty.

I bet if you increase the water intake the pounds will drop off. You need to flush the system before you go into starvation mode and shut down completely.

Also are you eating the green veggies as suggested? It keeps you full and help shrink/detox the liver which is the purpose of the pre-op diet.

This is what I have to eat daily.

now I am taking Atkins Advantage Milk Chocolate shakes

One for breakfast

One for lunch

Then a salad with some fruit.

If I get hungry, I had some jenny craig cookies with more fruit

Then a Lean Cuisine for Dinner.

This morning, I had one egg & one Sausage

An Adkins Shake

Then some lemonaide mix drink

Adkins Shake for Lunch

Adkins Shake for Dinner.

Had to mix it up, I am bored with shakes.

The scale today says 4 pounds down. I think I have 9 days left. Not sure. We leave not this Thursday but next Thursday. Scarry. All I can think about is how bad I am going to miss my son and will he be ok.

I really dont think the Adkins shakes are any better than slimfast, but a change is nice.