Been MIA

Hey everyone! I have been MIA for a long long time.... I cannot remember the last time I was on the forum. There are many reasons why, but I will not get into it because honestly they are all excuses and what matters is that I am here now! I have been really embarrased/ashamed because my weight loss has been SOOO slooooowwww. I just got my first fill in August (I was banded in May) so I know that was a major cause for my lack of weight loss. I went 2 1/2 months without a fill and boy was that rough. The day I got my fill I was only a pound lighter than the day of my surgery :( How embarrasing!! I was really disappointed and upset, BUT... after talking to the Dr. I felt better. Also I have had excellent restriction! My Dr. didn't play around either - she gave me 2 cc right away. Let me tell you, I CANNOT eat the way I was eating before getting my fill. I am still having trouble getting the weight off, though. I am not going to give up - I have invested TOO MUCH money into this to let it fail. I just needed to come and vent and get all my thoughts and feelings out. I know I need to shape up and start doing this right. I CAN and WILL do this.

How are all of you doing? I see that many of you have been doing FABULOUS with your weight loss journeys! Keep it up

Hey everyone! I have been MIA for a long long time.... I cannot remember the last time I was on the forum. There are many reasons why, but I will not get into it because honestly they are all excuses and what matters is that I am here now! I have been really embarrased/ashamed because my weight loss has been SOOO slooooowwww. I just got my first fill in August (I was banded in May) so I know that was a major cause for my lack of weight loss. I went 2 1/2 months without a fill and boy was that rough. The day I got my fill I was only a pound lighter than the day of my surgery :( How embarrasing!! I was really disappointed and upset, BUT... after talking to the Dr. I felt better. Also I have had excellent restriction! My Dr. didn't play around either - she gave me 2 cc right away. Let me tell you, I CANNOT eat the way I was eating before getting my fill. I am still having trouble getting the weight off, though. I am not going to give up - I have invested TOO MUCH money into this to let it fail. I just needed to come and vent and get all my thoughts and feelings out. I know I need to shape up and start doing this right. I CAN and WILL do this.

How are all of you doing? I see that many of you have been doing FABULOUS with your weight loss journeys! Keep it up

Glad to see you back! I haven't been posting a lot lately either. I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I was banded on 07/01 and can't get a fill till October 15th because of scheduling problems. I have been very discouraged but have not given up. I haven't gained anything, but I am not losing either. This is the 4th week in a row where I haven't lost anything. It makes it hard to follow the rules even though I know in my heart of hearts that is the only way it is going to work. I can eat anything, just like before my surgery and that makes it tough too. I haven't PB'd or slimed on anything. I still take a long time to eat and eat the protein first, but I am eating bread which I didn't think I would be able to. Hang in there Carrie! I keep telling myself that I am in this for the marathon, not the sprint. You can do this, we all can do this and I thank God every day for this forum because it keeps me strong when I am very weak right now.

Good luck!!!

Carrie and Imworthit, so glad you are back.

Don't ever feel embarrassed or ashamed with us. We understand the struggles and are here to help each other. We all bring something different and special to the forum and when one or more of us missing, we wonder if you are okay and if you need us.

I am happy things are turning around for you both and I look forward to seeing your around more often!!

(((Hugs)))

I second what Cathy said!!

I missed you both and worried that something had happened to you. One thing I have found is that this forum actually helps me and motivates me to do my very best. I have struggled and not lost nearly the weight as fast as others have but yes I am in it for the marathon...this is a LIFE change and it didn't get this way overnight. Please try to use this forum as a venting support system and don't be afraid to be honest with what's going on. We all have struggles and it helps to see others are in the same boat, even if some don't write about the struggles we all know they go on. Now of course I am not saying to make this a pity party ever, nor am I glad to see others struggles as I always feel bad when others are struggling but this is what this forum is for.

Welcome back and keep on coming back....it works!!

Welcome back. You are not alone. I had a tough time losing weight before I was able to get a fill. I had my banding done in April, then in May had to have my port moved due to it flipping, so that was a set back. I went about 4 weeks with no weight loss, but no gain either. I stopped eating even though I was hungry. You will do great. It is sooo nice to have restriction. I wish you the best with your weight loss.

I think it is a minute by minute, hour by hour, and day by day fight for all of us. Most of this week I was awsome and I could not have been any better. But, yesterday and today...Well let's just say there have been better minutes, hours, and days. The good thing is tommorow is another day. I can start over and so can you. None of us are going to be perfect all of the time. You will do better with your fill and do not be surprised if you need another soon. Those fills are key. The band is just an empty tire with no air without the fills. Glad your back and your band has some air.

Thank you all so much for responding to my post. I knew that coming on here would make me feel so much better!! I know that my fills are SO important. Now that I finally got one and know what restriction feels like I am confident that I can eventually lose this weight - I just have to realize that it might not be as quickly as I want to, and that I will most likely have some weeks where I don't lose anything. I can't let that discourage me and cause me to stress eat or be so emotional that I shove my face full of food.

I need to also continue coming here to the forum to talk to all of you for support. I am so glad to be back - its vital that I continue coming here to share with all of you how I feel and what I am struggling with, and I also want to be here for all of you when and if you need help as well. Thank you all again - so so much!! ><':D

Everyone goes through good and bad periods of weight loss. Don't leave or feel embarrassed. You are normal. And staying here, we can help you get back on track or just have someone to talk to until you able to get back on track. I am sorry for the struggle you are going through. Hopefully this fill will help you get the weight coming off. If anyone knows better the frustration and shame of being over weight, it is all of us. We know it's not easy and we know there challenges and stumbling blocks along the way no matter how one chooses to lose weight. Happy to have you back and hoping for better days for you.

Thank you all so much for responding to my post. I knew that coming on here would make me feel so much better!! I know that my fills are SO important. Now that I finally got one and know what restriction feels like I am confident that I can eventually lose this weight - I just have to realize that it might not be as quickly as I want to, and that I will most likely have some weeks where I don't lose anything. I can't let that discourage me and cause me to stress eat or be so emotional that I shove my face full of food.

I need to also continue coming here to the forum to talk to all of you for support. I am so glad to be back - its vital that I continue coming here to share with all of you how I feel and what I am struggling with, and I also want to be here for all of you when and if you need help as well. Thank you all again - so so much!! ><':D

I was also a lower BMI starting and it has been like pulling teeth to loose the weight. I have had three fills and know I have good restriction but still only 2-3 pounds a month since surgery. I have however lost a lot of inches and I fit in a lot of clothes that I didn't before. It is a comfort to me to know the weight is coming off permanently because even when I get stuck at least I dont' gain which is what I would have done in the past.

Blessigs!

I agree with everything said, and I want to add one more thing. I always think myself thin, no matter what. I always make sure to visualize and tell myself that I am thin and more beautiful everyday. I really do, and its hard, most of us have spent years not liking ourselves and we put ourselves down more than anyone else ever could. I use to hate looking in the mirror and would cringe if I needed to buy something to wear. I think one of the reasons I made it was that I stopped the negative thinking and focused on the positive. I thought myself thin – and I think beautiful as well because I now think I’m a beautiful sexy lady, and I could never say that before. But I started thinking like that right after I received my band.

I just got back from a cruise, rarely wore a bra, and had a bathing suit or a sexy evening dress on everyday. (And I think another bandstar could confirm)….

And I don’t know if I looked all that good – buy damn if I didn’t feel great!!

Best,

Lisa

I agree with everything said, and I want to add one more thing. I always think myself thin, no matter what. I always make sure to visualize and tell myself that I am thin and more beautiful everyday. I really do, and its hard, most of us have spent years not liking ourselves and we put ourselves down more than anyone else ever could. I use to hate looking in the mirror and would cringe if I needed to buy something to wear. I think one of the reasons I made it was that I stopped the negative thinking and focused on the positive. I thought myself thin – and I think beautiful as well because I now think I’m a beautiful sexy lady, and I could never say that before. But I started thinking like that right after I received my band.

I just got back from a cruise, rarely wore a bra, and had a bathing suit or a sexy evening dress on everyday. (And I think another bandstar could confirm)….

And I don’t know if I looked all that good – buy damn if I didn’t feel great!!

Best,

Lisa

WORDS TO LIVE BY!! Thanks Lisa, as always you know just the right thing to say to keep us going!!!

Thanks to Carrie for bringing up something that I have been dealing with, and it sounds like many of you have as well. I am approaching my one year anniversary for placement of my band. November, 2007 was when I got my band. I haven't been on the forum for months and months. To date, I've lost 22 pounds and have had three fills. - It looks to me like I'm "eating around the band" which is a phrase I've heard. - I've known a few people personally who have the band and ALL of them have been more successful than I. Twenty-two pounds in 10 months, what's wrong with me? Talk about ashamed and embarrased.

I just keep plugging along and trying to convince myself that losing the weight slowly, is better for me in the long run, but I certainly had myself mentally prepared for better than this. I'm pretty bummed about it, but at the same time, I blame only myself. I'm the one that continues to eat what I want instead of what I should.

I'm happy for all of you who have been more successful than I and will continue to watch the forum for all of your support. It does help!

Sassy

Hey Sassy,

Just think of it like this....

Today is the first day of your new program, and its easy, all you have to do is start by eating your protein first. Small amounts chewed well. Go out to the deli and buy some chicken, beef, ham - some tuna can's anything protein, chop up small amounts for each meal, about a 1/4 cup, then pick up one of those bags of mixed veggies, add 1/4 cup of those to your meal, eat a few, a little bit of fruit, and you might not have room for carbs (if you do you may need a tighter fill). Eat only three meals a day, drink lots of water, but don't drink when eating!

You can do it and then go in your room and dance to the radio for 30 minutes each night. Try it for 30 days - see if there's a change in your body and if so keep it up!

Good luck and have a fun journey!

Lisa

Welcome back sweetie, you can get back on track!! Getting the first fill is a start, a band without a fill is almost like having no band at all and if we could lose weight on just will power we wouldn't need the band...

Keep posting, on good days or bad days chances are someone has gone through what you're experiencing.... We are all here to help each other!!!

Thanks to Carrie for bringing up something that I have been dealing with, and it sounds like many of you have as well. I am approaching my one year anniversary for placement of my band. November, 2007 was when I got my band. I haven't been on the forum for months and months. To date, I've lost 22 pounds and have had three fills. - It looks to me like I'm "eating around the band" which is a phrase I've heard. - I've known a few people personally who have the band and ALL of them have been more successful than I. Twenty-two pounds in 10 months, what's wrong with me? Talk about ashamed and embarrased.

I just keep plugging along and trying to convince myself that losing the weight slowly, is better for me in the long run, but I certainly had myself mentally prepared for better than this. I'm pretty bummed about it, but at the same time, I blame only myself. I'm the one that continues to eat what I want instead of what I should.

I'm happy for all of you who have been more successful than I and will continue to watch the forum for all of your support. It does help!

Sassy

So glad you spoke up. This board is so great but it seems people like yourself just don't speak up. Sassy you are not alone by any means. I too am guilty of eating around the band. It is easy to do.

I do start each day as a new chance. If I keep at it as you are it has to work sooner or.....later but it will still work!!!

So glad that so many of you found my post helpful, and also thank you all for your words of wisdom :) I know that we ALL struggle with these issues on a day to day basis, and I know this is why I need to continue utilizing this forum - for support and encouragement even when I think I am failing miserably.

Lisa, you bring up a great point about thinking yourself thin. Thoughts are powerful. I believe its called the law of attraction? I know that thinking I am thin and beautiful can help me tremendously - I just have to get into that habit and catch myself when I am thinking negative thoughts. That is sometimes difficult, though, as you are probably well aware.

Thanks again everyone!!