Having LBL in Mexico at Cos Med in Jan

quennee

I was wondering if anyone used Dr Quiroz and what they thought of their results? Also is there anything I need to bring or should use for pain/scar and healing process? I would love for anyone to discuss their issues if they had a LBL in the past

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had my LBL with Dr Quiroz on 1-26-09 and it has been a different experience. I would advise if any of you use Recovery By The Sea to get a written estimate with EXACTLY what you are paying for. I liked the recovery place,but there was a bunch of different quotes and money figures used and due. I have had good luck with getting a hold of Cos Med when needed. Iwill see how the rest of the recovery goes.

I thought I read somewhere that the recovery house was 150.00 a day. did they charge you more than that? I am looking into having LBL soon and would be currious to know. Please keep us informed on how you are doing and whether or not you are pleased with the surgery.

Congrats!

I thought I read somewhere that the recovery house was 150.00 a day. did they charge you more than that? I am looking into having LBL soon and would be currious to know. Please keep us informed on how you are doing and whether or not you are pleased with the surgery.

Congrats!

I did pay 150 a night however there is additional fees for travel to and from the states and laundry and the pre night. I was quoted a different rate for the pre night stay and the travel and end up paying alomst 200 more for those items. The care was good and the owner and staff extremely nice, but just get everything in writing and take a copy with you. I had erased the emails stating the costs so I ended up paying more. I am now 2 weeks out had I not had the lipo I would have felt alot better, but I am doing good.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the board but I wanted to say Hello as I am a Dr. Q post-op as well. Glad to hear you are doing well. I had my LBL, BL/BA, and Arm Lift at Cosmed w/ Dr Q in October 2007 and more scheduled breast work in March 2008. Very happy with the experience. The first time I stayed at Irene's (a different recovery house) I have mixed reviews and since then I have been staying at The Lucerna Hotel www.hoteleslucerna.com (about a block away from the current Cosmed building) and I love it... if you are having more work in the future I highly recommend it. It is about $85 a night I believe (medical rate mention Dr. Q) and they are so used to us PS post-ops. Great food, great staff, close to the clinic literally a block, near a Gigante supermarket, across the street from Starbucks (LOL :P a girl has to have her latte) and a pharmacy.

Hope your healing is speedy. You will love love love having a flat belly!

~Michelle

I'm new to the board but I wanted to say Hello as I am a Dr. Q post-op as well. Glad to hear you are doing well. I had my LBL, BL/BA, and Arm Lift at Cosmed w/ Dr Q in October 2007 and more scheduled breast work in March 2008. Very happy with the experience. The first time I stayed at Irene's (a different recovery house) I have mixed reviews and since then I have been staying at The Lucerna Hotel www.hoteleslucerna.com (about a block away from the current Cosmed building) and I love it... if you are having more work in the future I highly recommend it. It is about $85 a night I believe (medical rate mention Dr. Q) and they are so used to us PS post-ops. Great food, great staff, close to the clinic literally a block, near a Gigante supermarket, across the street from Starbucks (LOL :P a girl has to have her latte) and a pharmacy.

~Michelle

W

Hi Michelle, Were you able to have a combination of the surgeries at the same time? Or did they all have to be at a separate time? I am definitely planning in the future for the LBL, BL, and the Arm Lift. Would you explain a little more in detail what they do and the healing time it would take before being able to go back to work. Thank you, Anne

W

Hi Michelle, Were you able to have a combination of the surgeries at the same time? Or did they all have to be at a separate time? I am definitely planning in the future for the LBL, BL, and the Arm Lift. Would you explain a little more in detail what they do and the healing time it would take before being able to go back to work. Thank you, Anne

Yes I had them all at the same time. Though it made it tough not having use of your upper and lower parts of your body at the same time. It was a long recovery 7 weeks till I felt human again but it was great getting it all done in one shot. LBL is a scar completely around your front (underwear line) and down both sides of your butt cheeks (bikini line) the procedure unlike a tummy tuck takes care of your saddlebag area... so it's tummy, outer thighs, butt, and mons (pubic area). My breasts were in bad shape post op and I was told I would need 2 surgeries on them (I did) but I'm really happy with "the girls" now. LOL. Arms are arms... the scar is hidden but long and I have so many arm stretchmarks that I still have some issues showing them. I could probably use a revision on them too I lost 11 pounds since the original surgery.

If I can answer any Q's feel free to send me a message.

~Michelle

• 1 month later...

My friend that's coming to TJ with me on May 19th Started e-mailing Cosmed on Thursday

for price and all infor on some lipo, She’s young, 130#’s never needed to lose more then 15 pounds, and has never had a child. She has a little sag. They needed a picture, she sent it, But as of today she still hasn't gotten a price from them, And not all that much info. We are finding them a bit slow on getting back to us.

So I'm just wondering are we too anxious or are they slow to go over there. I have to say - I have NOT experienced this with OCC.

And is this the norm for them?

My friend that's coming to TJ with me on May 19th Started e-mailing Cosmed on Thursday

for price and all infor on some lipo, She’s young, 130#’s never needed to lose more then 15 pounds, and has never had a child. She has a little sag. They needed a picture, she sent it, But as of today she still hasn't gotten a price from them, And not all that much info. We are finding them a bit slow on getting back to us.

So I'm just wondering are we too anxious or are they slow to go over there. I have to say - I have NOT experienced this with OCC.

And is this the norm for them?

I sent pics and was called by the doctor the next day. You may want to email them again and see whats the hold up. If you are dealing with Joyce the cordinator expect a long wait she is pulled in too many directions and things take forever with her. The care at the OCC was great you will get good care at Cos Med its not like the OCC at all. Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

~Michelle

What is LBL,BL/BA? I am a little lost.......Kay