When I get there

So when I get there from what I was told, I look for someone that has OCC on their jacket or something like that and they will give me a ride to the hotel. How do I know what time they will come get me the next day, do they tell me? We get there after 12:00 pm so from what I read they will take us to the hotel and not for the pre-op stuff, they will do that on Friday before we have the surgery. I guess I worry that Friday morning we wont know when they are coming. Is everything very clear? I dont want to be confused about all this, I am nervous and when I get like that I have anxiety. I need to know times and all that.

They were waiting for me at the baggage claim area with a sign with my name and Dr. Ortiz on it. They will tell you when to be at the front of the hotel to wait for the van. You won't be alone either. There will probably be a van full going all at the same time. At the hotel, the night before your surgery, you will see several people having broth at the restaurant and also around the pool. Those people are probably Dr. Ortiz's patients from the day before. If you just ask them, they will usually tell you about their surgery. I had about 6 people the night before tell me about their experience. Don't worry, the clinic really takes care of their patients and will just about tell you every move you need to make. They won't let you get left behind, and after it is all over, you won't believe how easy it was.

They were waiting for me at the baggage claim area with a sign with my name and Dr. Ortiz on it. They will tell you when to be at the front of the hotel to wait for the van. You won't be alone either. There will probably be a van full going all at the same time. At the hotel, the night before your surgery, you will see several people having broth at the restaurant and also around the pool. Those people are probably Dr. Ortiz's patients from the day before. If you just ask them, they will usually tell you about their surgery. I had about 6 people the night before tell me about their experience. Don't worry, the clinic really takes care of their patients and will just about tell you every move you need to make. They won't let you get left behind, and after it is all over, you won't believe how easy it was.

I sure hope so, my husband and I dont want to get lost or mess up anything. Thank you for responding.

Hi Stormy,

I just got back yesterday from being banded at the OCC. They took very good care of me as I'm sure they do everyone. A few days before I left for the surgery, I received a surgery confirmation e-mail that listed all the phone numbers I needed such as the one to call if I hadn't been picked up at the airport. There was no problem, though A driver held a sign that said Dr. Ortiz on it and we were off. Then they called me at the hotel the day before my departure and told me what time they would pick me up to return me to San Diego airport. It can take a while to cross the border and so we were picked up at 10 am for a 2:30 flight. It took about an hour and a half to cross but it was fine. Just bring a book and hopefully there will be other people in the van to compare notes with. By the time they came to get me from the Lucerna, I was ready for the good ol' US of A anyway. I needed English reading material and I just wanted to be home so I felt like I was making progress in that direction. I know that a few days before surgery is a very anxious place to be but you will be fine. Just try to relax and enjoy the life changing journey that you are embracing.

Quote: "So when I get there from what I was told, I look for someone that has OCC on their jacket or something like that and they will give me a ride to the hotel."

Just wanted to confrim that you've told them your flight numbers and when you arrive. If they know you are coming, they will get you.

Once we arrived we did not see anyone with signs so we went outside to wait. The OCC van is gold with the OCC emblem on the side panel. It's easy to spot.

You might want to look for other fat people that also look lost. They will probably be going to the OCC as well. LOL

The driver is good at his job and will wait for stragglers. We drove around the terminal 2 or 3 times looking for other patients.

For the Friday morning, the driver will tell you when you get to the Lucerna on Thursday when the pick up will be (expect a 7:00am pick up)

You will also be told when the van is going back to the airport. They make sure there is plenty of time in case there is a line up at the border. We got an 11:00am pick up and our flight was at 4:00pm

The OCC has this down to a science. Don't worry.

You all said that at the hotel and at Dr. Ortiz office they have wireless or the ability to bring your laptop right? I have heard many of you say you had to wait quite a while so i'm gonna bring my laptop. Sadly even though i'm taking a week off work i'll need to get a lot done! :(