I'm freaking out

I am freaking out. I am trying to get ready to go and I am so upset. I dont want to forget anything. I feel so out of control. I am scarred. I guess I have held it in. My husband is acting like an idiot. He is not helping at all. My son is sick, this is horrible. I am a terrible traveler. I dont want to forget anything. I dont want to overpack either but my suitcase is full already and I dont know why. I can't find any socks for my son. What if he dont have enough clothes. Someone tell me that this is going to happen and that I can do this. I am crying my eyes out.

Stormy you need to get it under control girl. Not only for you but for your little boy. If he sees his momma panicking he will get upset. So take a breath, and start from the begginning. 1 youre doing this for youre health so you can take care of him. So get it together girl. I know you can do this. Snap out of it. Sorry if im to harsh but its for youre on good. Everything is going to be ok. Love you bunches and my preayers are with you. Soon you will be on this side. The skinny side. Yeay for You and youre hubby.

Okay, sit down and take a deep breath. Make a list of what you need to bring for the fews days that you and your hubby are in TJ. Make a list of what your son needs. Make sure you have all of your travel docs.

Stay calm, shrty is right, your son will pick up on your anxiety and he'll get upset. Stay calm, consider it a vacation and try to get excited about your new life!!

Best of Luck and have a safe trip, be sure to let us know how you both are doing afterwards!

Take care!

I am freaking out. I am trying to get ready to go and I am so upset. I dont want to forget anything. I feel so out of control. I am scarred. I guess I have held it in. My husband is acting like an idiot. He is not helping at all. My son is sick, this is horrible. I am a terrible traveler. I dont want to forget anything. I dont want to overpack either but my suitcase is full already and I dont know why. I can't find any socks for my son. What if he dont have enough clothes. Someone tell me that this is going to happen and that I can do this. I am crying my eyes out.

Just calm down!! There are socks in TJ!!! If you forget something there is a store right across from the hotel!! You'll be fine. You're not going to be gone that long. All you REALLY need is a pic ID and your birth certificate - you surely want to be able to come home. Oh and don't forget the money for the surgery. All else is just accessories - not necessities. The lucerna even has toothbrushes and paste if you forget that! I know because i forgot my brush - hairbrush that is - and I asked the front desk for one and they brought me a toothbrush. Way too much hair here for that!! LOL Just relax and have a great time.

I know, I sat down with hubby and tried to give him the run down. He just makes me mad. I am trying to get him to do some stuff before we leave but he wont do it, so I guess I will have to pay someone when we get back because he wont be able to do it, he wont want to be leaning over. I will be glad when this is over. I hate to travel, there is too much to remember. I got my birth certificate and drivers license.

Get a grip.

For three days you are to concentrate on you. Pack, fly, have surgery, recouperate for a day, go home.

Your son will survive. All autistic children survive being away from their parents for 72 hours. He may melt down, but he will survive.

You don't need much more than a comfortable pair of shorts, a t-shirt, a nightgown and flip flops. Add some sweat pants, another t shirt, a comfy light jacket, your hairbrush, tooth brush, deodorant, toothpaste and eyeglasses if you wear them, a pony tail holder, your gas x strips, birth certificate, ID and you're done.

You can skip the make up and the hair implements. They have hair dryers, shampoo and conditioner. Dont' bother with jewelry or fancy clothes. They have broth and juices in the hotel. There's a Starbucks across the street.

Keep it simple and you won't have to worry about forgetting a lot.

Son needs clothes for three days. Meds for three days. Medical insurance card.

It's only 72 hours.

Get a grip.

For three days you are to concentrate on you. Pack, fly, have surgery, recouperate for a day, go home.

Your son will survive. All autistic children survive being away from their parents for 72 hours. He may melt down, but he will survive.

You don't need much more than a comfortable pair of shorts, a t-shirt, a nightgown and flip flops. Add some sweat pants, another t shirt, a comfy light jacket, your hairbrush, tooth brush, deodorant, toothpaste and eyeglasses if you wear them, a pony tail holder, your gas x strips, birth certificate, ID and you're done.

You can skip the make up and the hair implements. They have hair dryers, shampoo and conditioner. Dont' bother with jewelry or fancy clothes. They have broth and juices in the hotel. There's a Starbucks across the street.

Keep it simple and you won't have to worry about forgetting a lot.

Son needs clothes for three days. Meds for three days. Medical insurance card.

It's only 72 hours.

We leave tomorrow and dont come back until Sunday night, that is longer than 72 hours right?

your right, I am packing too much, I am pulling some of this out. I totally forgot about him having a medical card. I should put that in his bag. I bet when I get back, I will be saying-why did I worry so much. Someone needs to come over here and slap me around. HA! :wacko:

Stormy, I hope that all goes well for you. It sounds like you have major anxiety issues, as I have this problem as well. I actually had to get a prescribtion of Xanax just for this very thing. Seriously, travel sets my anxiety into a full blown attack. You will be okay. We will keep you in our prayers and be thinking of you. I had major anxiety about leaving my kids with grandma and grandpa, so I am sure this is scary for you. You have a right to be nervous, but just take a deep breath and take it one step at a time. When I came home, my kids had so much fun with grandma and grandpa, that they didn't want to come home to me. So you may find your son does really well with the babysitter. Best of luck sweetie, you will get through this. You have to and need to. You can do it. Check into xanax when you get a chance, it works wonders when your freaking out like this.

Hi Stormy,

I have not had surgery yet- But I can relate- I have days already where I kind of melt down. It is hard when you have a child to consider! However, that is one of the reasons you are doing this!

What is important here? Clothing? NO!! So he has no socks- Buy some if you don't have enough clothing!

She is right- Try to take a deep breath! Nothing ended because something was forgotten- You manage and everything will be OK!

So many people on here have had the surgery and Not ONE person regrets anything! It is the first step in the rest of your life- The thin/healthy one!

We are thinking and praying for you and all will be GREAT!

Tracy

This is a big deal and it's totally understandable for you to be freaked out. I'm sure the fact that you and your husband are doing it together just makes the stress higher.

But everything will be just fine. Your son will be fine. You and your husband will be fine. You are taking a big step, but it is a step toward progress and a better you.

By the way, before your surgery they give you a nice pill that REALLY relaxes you. I felt totally relaxed as I went in - and felt just fine when I got out. The OCC makes the whole process really smooth and easy.

I hope you're already feeling better by now. If not, consider making yourself some tea and just relaxing for a bit.

I wish you all the best - and look forward to your happy recount of your experience when you return!

Stormy, I hope that all goes well for you. It sounds like you have major anxiety issues, as I have this problem as well. I actually had to get a prescribtion of Xanax just for this very thing. Seriously, travel sets my anxiety into a full blown attack. You will be okay. We will keep you in our prayers and be thinking of you. I had major anxiety about leaving my kids with grandma and grandpa, so I am sure this is scary for you. You have a right to be nervous, but just take a deep breath and take it one step at a time. When I came home, my kids had so much fun with grandma and grandpa, that they didn't want to come home to me. So you may find your son does really well with the babysitter. Best of luck sweetie, you will get through this. You have to and need to. You can do it. Check into xanax when you get a chance, it works wonders when your freaking out like this.

Your right, I have major anxiety issues. Maybe I better get some xanax while I am down there. HA I dont think I will sleep at all tonight. I will have to take a full ambien. This is a scarry thing for me. you guys help me so much. I know I can do this. I guess I am just scarred. I am a big weenie! HA!

Anxiety is a tough one to tame, especially under these circumstances. Try and turn it into POSITIVE energy.

Everyone here has made it through this "night before" place. We all have our own issues. I've never read "Geee I wish I would have packed more" so take out even more from your suitcase. Have your liquid toiletries, if you have any, in a 1 qt. ziploc bag to take out quickly and easily at the airport security checkpoint, 3 oz. or less. Wear shoes you can slip on and off easily for this too as well as after surgery you can't bend over to tie shoes. You don't need your ID to cross into TJ just for the trip coming home so have it ready then. Don't forget your sunglasses!!

Relax, kick back and stop stressing yourself out. Your surgery and recovery will go much smoother for you if your body hasn't been in "frenzy" mode for 48 hours. You release adrenaline and histamines that are counter productive to the healing process. Hang in there sweetie, you will get through this.

Oh and take the number for the OCC with you. You should have it on your original paperwork you have to take down but just in case at the airport you get lost or the feeling they arn't coming,you can give them a quick buzz easily.

This is "YOU" time. Your responsibility is to yourself. Your family will have to learn to cope if they are not being supportive.

Don't fret. Take yourself. BE THERE. The rest will take care of itself. To help you out, here is the travel checklist I put together for myself from experiences of others on the board:

Travel CheckList

================

* Gas-X strips

* Boullion Cubes / Ramen noodle flavour packets (Meals for travel home)

* Children's Meltaway Tylenol (for pain)

* Liquid Tylenol PM (To sleep... apparently the hotel is loud sometimes)

* Medication

* US currency in small bills (1's and 5's to buy bottled water etc)

* Herbal Tea bags (warm liquid for fluids)

* Crystal Lite packets

* Toothbrush

* Toothpaste

* Shaving cream

* Razor

* Comb

* Deoderant

* Slippers

* Comfy sweat shorts for trip home (must not require a belt)

* Baggy tshirts

* Underwear

* Passport

* Contact Sheet with Phone Numbers (OCC, Cab company, Canadian Embassy)

* iPhone (with a few new movies downloaded)

Of course, substitute as required. I am sure there are other items you may need. But this should help you out if you forgot anything.

Good luck with the surgery. You'll do great. We'll see you on the other side!!

Taz

Did this last week, Left On thurs and came back on sun, It went so well. I have 6 children 1 with diagnosed with Autisim, MMR, and ADHD. He had a blast! Didn't even skip a beat. Get Healthly for him :)

Wow you rock. He played with my hair all night. I know he is going to miss me.

My suggestion is to take a long hot bath tonight, relax in some bubbles and try to stop your mind from thinking! I find when i do this it helps to calm me down and get rid of the worry feeling and load on your shoulders.

Try it! You can only plan and think so much!

All the best to you, I cant wait to read your stories about your adventure when you return!

Jenelle