September 22nd Surgery

I really enjoy reading everyone's posts but can't quite figure out my way around this place. And, I'm not exactly sure what a blog is but it took me awhile to get to this point. So - with time- hope I'll get this figured out.

Anyway - I am on my last day of the preop diet then tomorrow I go to liquids. Monday - my 36th birthday - I will be having my surgery. A lot of you talk about traveling to get the procedure done. My travel will consist of about a ten minute drive to our local hospital. I was able to get my insurance to cover the procedure so feel very blessed. Although the distraction of a little vacation I'm sure has it's benefits too!!

I will just be so grateful when the procedure is over. I've pretty much just spent the last couple of weeks conjuring up things in my head to worry about. I worry what if my fatty liver is too 'fatty'? My surgeon said he has done 300 of these surgeries and only once was unable to perform the procedure. I have really scaled back on my caloric intake as told for the preop diet but couldn't hardly stomach those slimfast/optifast shakes. I've only lost 4 lbs. Guess at this point it's out of my hands. Wish me luck! :D

Good luck!!

I'm also getting mine close to home, thankfully covered by insurance... I've had my last pre-op visit, just waiting for them to call with a surgery date.

I'm thinking my surgery will likely be sometime in the next 3 weeks. Already getting nervous...

I'm sure you will do great! Keep us posted! :)

:lb9: So glad you found this forum. As you may or may not know most here have had surgery in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz. We welcome those who got surgery elsewhere though as we are all in this together. How nice to only drive 10 minutes for surgery. Is this an outpatient procedure? The pre-op diet is hard. I think it's not so much how much you lose but that you've stuck to the recommended diet plan. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Congratulations on your surgery date! I am looking forward to watching the pounds fall off of you! We are here if you have any questions.

Welcome!!

I'm scheduled to be banded on October 10th and I'm beyond excited. I can't wait! It seems like so far away, but I have such high hopes for the results. What are you looking most forward to after the surgery? I can't wait to wear some of the more fitted styles of tops that are so in now. I currently look for the least clingy, boxy shirts I can find to 'hide' the fat. Also, I usually wear dark colors to visually cover up the bumps and bulges. I can't wait to wear white again.

I'll look forward to following your progress.

Jessica in Utah

Thanks for all of the kind words! And yes, this is considered outpatient surgery but they keep u overnight at minimum. That actually makes me feel better. I'd be really freaked out if they sent me home the same day. Anyway - will plan to get back on the site middle of next week. I have a feeling i am going to need all the support and advice i can get. ;)