Nerve Damage

Hey everybody,

I am almost 3-weeks after my surgery. I have a good size area of numbness no where near any of my incisions. The area is beside my belly button and probably as big around as a coffee can. Has anybody else experienced this. I was wondering if it is going to go away.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

This is just from my own experience but with any type of abdominal surgery you will most likely have that "numb" feeling. My doctor here said it could last up to 6 months post op. Even though its just a small incision it still is cutting on your tummy.

I thought it was really weird to lay my hand on my stomach and not feel it there after an abdominal surgery.

Susan

I didn't have numbness from the band surgery, but I had two C-sections. The numbness is my lower belly is still there and my baby is 5 yrs old now. It's not severe numbness, it just feels like I don't have strong sensation in that area. Like if you poke me with a needle, you would have to poke a little harder for me to feel it on my lower belly. And it was way numb after surgery, so it has improved. So, I think what you are feeling may be normal, but if you are concerned, put in a phone call to the Doc, just to double check on it.

Guest CaraMBA09
Hey everybody,

I am almost 3-weeks after my surgery. I have a good size area of numbness no where near any of my incisions. The area is beside my belly button and probably as big around as a coffee can. Has anybody else experienced this. I was wondering if it is going to go away.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

I have it as well Andrew. My aunt is a nurse and she said this is normal. Call OCC if you are overly concerned though!