chewing gum when slimming

So i recently discover that when a meal that i had before decided to not go down, i chew gum and somehow the slimming goes away.

I was wondering if anyone else does this? i have no idea why it will work but somehow it does so i am not complaining. it doesnt mean that i can eat right after i chew gum, but at least i dont have to suffer.

:mellow: i do not have a problem with slimming..i have nyet to even do it..but i cant chew gum,,chewing gum gives me this aweful pain in my left shoulder for the rest of hte day..it feels jujst like the gas pains we have after surgery..i was banded in jujne and dont have the shoulder pain unless i am stressed or chewing gum!! i love my gum but just cant have it anymore!! i guess i shouldnt complain cause i dont slime or pb at all like some people due but gum is a nono for me!!

So i recently discover that when a meal that i had before decided to not go down, i chew gum and somehow the slimming goes away.

I was wondering if anyone else does this? i have no idea why it will work but somehow it does so i am not complaining. it doesnt mean that i can eat right after i chew gum, but at least i dont have to suffer.

Have you ever noticed that when you chew gum you produce more saliva? This could be why you aren’t having as much problems. It may be making things easier now, however it also could be defeating the purpose of the band. You need to find out why you are suffering, are you eating too much, are you chewing too less, or is your band too tight, are you not eating in the right process (protein, veggies, fruits - carbs)? You need to try to work to make your band work for you and with you, not find work arounds. (I'm not trying to be mean, just honest).

Good luck,

Lisa