strange discoloration on belly

Just real qucik. Was wondering if anyone else has or had a discoloration on their belly after surgery. I am 3 weeks post op and now I have what looks like a tan line about 2 inches below the large incision. This "tan" takes up about the same amount of space as a small football. I thought it could have been dirt since I was not suppose to scrub the incisions in the shower for the first week, but i have been scrubbing for the last two weeks and it has not gone away. It is kinda creepy.

Guest CaraMBA09
Just real qucik. Was wondering if anyone else has or had a discoloration on their belly after surgery. I am 3 weeks post op and now I have what looks like a tan line about 2 inches below the large incision. This "tan" takes up about the same amount of space as a small football. I thought it could have been dirt since I was not suppose to scrub the incisions in the shower for the first week, but i have been scrubbing for the last two weeks and it has not gone away. It is kinda creepy.

hey doll, I bet it is the glue they use to seal the incisions shut...I have remnants of that stuff and it looks funky. Just a thought

It's the remains of the sterile soapy scrub betadine they use to cleanse your skin before they do the surgery. It doesn't come off easy and takes many, many washings to get off. Don't rub your skin off trying to wash it off, it will come off eventually.

Thanks so much, I was getting icked out. I still have some remnants of the suture glue around the incisions but this is all over the belly. Makes me relieved to know it is nothing permanent.

Bless your heart girl! You have no idea how things like this are helping me! LOL So, from me to you.....a big "lapbandforum HUG!" heehee ><'

All of you are the greatest! :) I am stoked!

I still have discoloration on my stomach from the bruises. My trip home was very long since I have to fly in to Rochester New York then drive 1 1/2 hours. I think that caused excessive bruising. I am 8 weeks post op and I can still see it. I don't normally bruise easily. I am anxiously awaiting the time when it goes away.

I had no bruising at all but I DID have that betadine stuff all over. Then, 10 days after my lap band surgery I had laparascopic surgery on my knee...so I had an ugly yellow knee too...I'm just a mess!!! lol

Vix, put up a sign that says Pardon my mess, I'm under construction. :P

If it wasnt so long, it sounded almost like a weird hickey or something.... the color 'tan' also didnt sound right either.

Hickey???? ewwweee, those would have to be some major lips :o . It does actually have a line that is about an inch below the large incision. I would take a picture but my belly does not belong on any sort of film or digital image, much less the internet. I am thinking that it could be the cleaner thingy that was mentioned above because it does have the definate line like it was taped off.