What to Wear?

Just wondering if everyone wears a gown, or if big pj pants are OK. Obviously, big and comfy! I really have never owned a gown (I get tangled up in em lol) BUT....I will go buy one today if this is the best thing. Just concerned about what to put on right after surgery to go for my walks in. Thanks!

Comfy pj's are just fine. The largest incision is about 2 inches under your left breast. The others are scattered about the upper abdomen also. Nothing is at the waistline. Keep in mind you may have bloating though so the pj bottoms need to be loose elastic or better yet drawstring type to adjust as needed for bloating. Same thing goes for any pants/sweats you may bring.

No gowns for me. I just wore cut off sweats and a t-shirt. I was so comfy and was very happy not showing anyone my butt. LOL I wouldn't buy anything new because soon nothing will fit you and what a waste!!! I also wore capris and stuff like that. I didn't want to wear anything that hurt my stomach area or was tight fitting. Just loose clothing. I can't wait for your surgery. It is great you are asking questions so that you are so prepared. GOOD LUCK!!!! Natalie

I just wore cut off sweats and a t-shirt. I was so comfy and was very happy not showing anyone my butt. LOL I wouldn't buy anything new because soon nothing will fit you and what a waste!!! I also wore capris and stuff like that. I didn't want to wear anything that hurt my stomach area or was tight fitting. I can't wait for your surgery. It is great you are asking questions so that you are so prepared. GOOD LUCK!!!! Natalie

Thanks Natalie! ><'

Everyone is so helpful! I am most grateful! :) I am down 10 lbs. Just 4 to go. I think I will be fine. I have lots of PJ's (drawstring jockey cotton pants & tees) so I am good to go! I have everything packed and I am leaving in the morning. :)

D~

Thanks Natalie! ><'

Everyone is so helpful! I am most grateful! :) I am down 10 lbs. Just 4 to go. I think I will be fine. I have lots of PJ's (drawstring jockey cotton pants & tees) so I am good to go! I have everything packed and I am leaving in the morning. :)

D~

I did not have trouble wearing anything. Elastic waist pants. Never felt pain outside. Good luck. How exciting. Ellen

Thanks so much everyone! I am on the road!!! I will be there soon. I will be in town very early. I plan to do a lot of walking and continue my pre-op diet before surgery. I am not going into Mexico to eat the Yummy Mexican food. HAHA

Staying in San Diego with family, however my birthday is 10/5, so I do want to find a nice place to have some grilled fish and veggies on this night. I will keep you posted.

Thank you all! I appreciate your kindness and well wishes. Lots of hugs!

Dana~ :D

Don't forget the sports bra! This was a lifesaver for me!

OK, I hate to sound like a dumdum, but why the sports bra? Or is this only if you are very well endowed?

I'm scheduled for my surgery date (in PA) on the 20th, and want to be prepared.

I wouldn't have thought about the bra...but I'm sure there is a good reason behind it.

OK, I hate to sound like a dumdum, but why the sports bra? Or is this only if you are very well endowed?

I'm scheduled for my surgery date (in PA) on the 20th, and want to be prepared.

I wouldn't have thought about the bra...but I'm sure there is a good reason behind it.

Sometimes one of the incisions are very close to the breast and sports bras are more comfortable. That is just what I have read. I'm not getting banded until Nov. 20th.

The only thing that really goes well with that paper thong is a nice set of paper pajamas. I made my own out of the USA Today from the hotel.

HAHA! That is great! Yeah, I am really looking forward to those paper panties! NOT! LOL

The only thing that really goes well with that paper thong is a nice set of paper pajamas. I made my own out of the USA Today from the hotel.

You are too funny!!

:laugh1::laugh2:

And the sports bra is for comfort. One small incision sits close or is directly under the band that goes around you in between your girls. It can get irritated even from the sports bra.