Remind me....

Okay so here I am so excited i'm leaving tomorrow to be banded on Friday but I can't get out of my mind the food I will not be able to eat again. I feel like a relationship is about to end. One minute I am okay with it the next I think wow will I ever be able to have a Taco again.. I know it sounds silly but remind me why I am doing this...Oh yeah my health, my kids, my husband. I can't wait to get my sexy back. LOL :D

Best of Luck with your surgery, be sure to let us know how you are doing.

Don't think that you can never have tacos or other foods again, because you can...there are foods I've tried that I just can manage anymore, but it's okay, you learn to live with it. Tacos are fine for me as long as you chew really well...and don't have 5.

You will do great!! Remember, it's a lifestyle change and your goal is lose weight...so even though you have a band, which is an excellent weight loss tool...you do have to eat healthy. Not to say that you can't have a treat once in awhile, you can.

I am excited for you and can't wait to see your on the other side!!

((Hugs)))

you know your not giving up tacos forever....just for a month! I find that tacos go down pretty darn easy and don't have too much trouble with Mexican food. Maybe it will help if you stop thinking of it as FOREVER and think of it as just for a short while. I am sure your husband, family, health and getting your sexy back is worth that month, right?

Hi good luck, I have not given up any food, I just eat less of whatever it is I want, I actually had french fries for the first time in 2 years!

I only ate 3 but i was satisfied. There are some foods like bread, that I think twice about just because they sometimes get stuck. I love my

band. Have a good day and I'm going now to go eat a taco!! :P

I have the same worries about losing certain foods, but, The thing that bothers me the most is I read on this board that you are not supposed to drink through a straw. I love my straws!!!!! I don't know how I will get along without one.

Good luck on the surgery and keep us posted as often as you can.

Kimberly

Okay so here I am so excited i'm leaving tomorrow to be banded on Friday but I can't get out of my mind the food I will not be able to eat again. I feel like a relationship is about to end. One minute I am okay with it the next I think wow will I ever be able to have a Taco again.. I know it sounds silly but remind me why I am doing this...Oh yeah my health, my kids, my husband. I can't wait to get my sexy back. LOL :D

OK, let me tell you that you can eat a taco a bit later, but you still can. I just had a hard shell taco for the first time the other day and couldn't even finish it. It was good but you will get creative in your eating. When my family is having tacos, I have a taco salad. When we are having tuna sandwiches for lunch, I dip some baked Pringles in the tuna and it is so good. When we are eating a ham sandwich, I eat a salad with chopped up ham on it. I swear it is sooooo worth it. You just think of another way to eat it and it is kinda fun. I swear I was the biggest bread and pasta freak and I do not miss it like I thought I would. I don't even try to eat it. I just know that I won't do well with it. I still serve bread and pasta with a lot of meals and I am not even temped to eat it. One time I ate a tiny piece of the center of a hot homemade loaf of bread and I was good to go. You can do this!!!! It is so worth it!!! I think you are sooo pretty now. You are going to be one HOT NUMBER really soon here...So hang in there!!!

Natalie

Thank you for all your words. I just needed a quick pick me up. I cant say enough about this forum. You all are like family rooting me on. Actually you all are the only ones besides my husband that know. So you all are my outlet.. Thanks again . I'll keep everyone posted soon.

I'm with Natalie, I still eat taco's. BUT>>>>>>>>>>> I usually cannot eat a whole one. Some days things will go down easily and other days it won't. Every day is different. I will tell you though, If you are having a stressful day, be careful, that really seems to tighten my band. YOu will do great and will be happy with your decision. Health, kids, hubby and of course sexy body is all worth it. It takes time and alot of learning. Also be very careful of liquid calories once you are on solids. I never realized how many calories are in the things we drink. There is a drink (Snapple kiwi pear) that only has 20 calories and 2 grams of sugar. It is suppose to help with metabolism and is an awesome drink.

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery!!!!