Chest pain

I have been having this tightness in my chest for last two days. Today it got worse. Could this be gas? It seems weird that it would be since it has been so long after the surgery. We had surgery on the 19th of Sept. But I feel this tightness in my chest and it is starting to hurt. I know I did not drink enough water the last two days. Could that be it? I keep stretching because I thought maybe it is my back, I know I need a back adjustment, but this is not helping. Does anyone have any advise. Is this gas? What is this? Should I be worried? Does this mean the band is hurting me? I am able to get liquids down. I have not had any food. I have been so good. I have 9 days left and then I can eat solids. I am getting kinda scarred. I am drinking a gatorade right now, I hope it helps.

Have you noticed if it is after you eat your soup or shake? During my post op and for about 5 weeks after I would get bad pain in my shoulder when I drank or ate. I figured out it was because I drank to fast or put to much fluid in quickly. The thicker soups were real bad for that too. Pay attention and see if you notice if it's related.

Have you noticed if it is after you eat your soup or shake? During my post op and for about 5 weeks after I would get bad pain in my shoulder when I drank or ate. I figured out it was because I drank to fast or put to much fluid in quickly. The thicker soups were real bad for that too. Pay attention and see if you notice if it's related.

No it happens when I am not drinking. When I drink, it seems to get better. I wonder if it is because I didnt drink enough water, I have only had about 8 ounces today. But have had lots of juice and soup

No it happens when I am not drinking. When I drink, it seems to get better. I wonder if it is because I didnt drink enough water, I have only had about 8 ounces today. But have had lots of juice and soup

Hi Stormy,

I was banded on Sept 1 and I had pain on and off in my chest for about 4 weeks. I would get up and move around and then it would go away which would tell me that it was gas. Most times if you are having a issue with your heart there are other symptoms that go along with that. Some of those symptoms would be left arm pain, jaw and neck pain, most times on that left side, being very sweaty and having dizziness or being lightheaded and a lot of times people will describe the pain in their chest as if an elephant is sitting on their chest. It can take a while for all of the gas to leave your body and also your body is still trying to adjust to major abdominal surgery. I would pay attention to things like if you move around does the pain go away or does it get worse. If it goes away with movement it is probably gas. You can always call your doctor just to put your mind at ease if it continues.

Also mentally you are dealing with all these changes that are happening within your body while it is trying to heal which can make your imagination go into overtime. Hope this helps and again call your doctor if you feel like this is something other than gas. And it never hurts to drink plenty of water..

Take care

dawns

I woke up this morning and it seems to be a little better. I am thinking it is gas, but boy that is some terrible stuff if that is what it is. I know that I am not drinking enough water. I am going to make sure today that I drink alot and that my body can get all it needs to get rid of this stuff because otherwise I feel good. I have 8 days left until solids. I have to make it. It is important.

Stormy, I have not experienced gas pain/chest pain whatsoever, but maybe after a week out of surgery, I often woke up in the middle of the night and had kind of a tight feeling in the chest - but also a very, very dry mouth. Getting up and have something not too cold to drink resolved the problem. Maybe you should up your water?

I'm bad when it comes to getting enough water down, I constantly have to remind myself to drink :ph34r: but it is really important in so many ways!

Hope you feel better today :)

Glad you are feeling better today. GAS will come and go and show itself in many forms of pain. For me it seems to have no rhyme nor reason as to when it shows up. I do know we all have experienced it and it can be anywhere from a little annoying to almost excruciating pain. Be warned and don't get worried when it happens, it's part of the bandlife.