left sided pain

Hi everybody. I was banded 9/11. I've done really well the last few weeks. I lost 8 pounds which I am very happy with. I just started on solids this week and I have had no stomach problems or anything. Yesterday I began having intermittent sharp pain in my left upper side. It started mid morning and continued until I went to bed. When I layed down in bed on my right side, I was very uncomfortable. It almost felt like it did when I first had my band placed--like I could feel my stomach sliding to the right and it felt heavy. Remember that feeling? Anyway, I'm on my way to work and the pain is coming back. Anyone experience this or have any ideas what's going on? Thanks for your help.

Sounds like you have the neck/shoulder, left side, gas pain to me. They only thing that helped mine was to exercise by walking and drinking lots of liquid. Also, you can try the heating pad on it.

I know it seems strange that you would just now be feeling the pain after a few weeks, but the same thing happened to me after 2-weeks post op.

Good luck....I know it hurts!

Denise

;) it is the lefy shoulder gas pain that you are feeling..it never completely goes away, there are certain things that will bring it back..for me that would be chewing gum, i cannot chew gum or i get the horrible gas pain in my left shoulder, i spoke to my dr and was tod that once we are banded we will always have this pain off and on..maybe you are eating are drinking something that is bringing it back for you.
Hi everybody. I was banded 9/11. I've done really well the last few weeks. I lost 8 pounds which I am very happy with. I just started on solids this week and I have had no stomach problems or anything. Yesterday I began having intermittent sharp pain in my left upper side. It started mid morning and continued until I went to bed. When I layed down in bed on my right side, I was very uncomfortable. It almost felt like it did when I first had my band placed--like I could feel my stomach sliding to the right and it felt heavy. Remember that feeling? Anyway, I'm on my way to work and the pain is coming back. Anyone experience this or have any ideas what's going on? Thanks for your help.