Oh NO!! Something's stuck!!

OK, I think I have a piece of chicken stuck. I know I ate it too quickly and didn't chew near enough.

I believe I'm slimming now. I hate the idea of vomiting. I can count on one hand the number of times I've done that in my life.

Is it possible for this thing to eventually go through? Or should I just accept that I'm going to vomit.

I HATE THIS.

I thought of drinking a sip of water but I'm fairly sure it may make it worse.

Any suggestions?

Of course, by time I get any replys to this it may be all over either way.

Marc,

Poor guy - really feeling for you and hope all has passed. Usually for me if I slime it's gonna have to come out. Of course in the beginning I did everything possible to not throw up as I had such an aversion to doing it. I actually pb'd tonight too and i'm a bit sore. I think I ate a few bites too much and that came up and then i did wait one hour to drink anything but it was still too soon and that came up - so now, nothing until morning and then very small sips and possibly liquids all/most of the day to relax everything.

You're right -no drinking at all or it will be bad; try to relax and walk around to get your mind off things, take it easy and it will pass. Write back and let everyone know how it goes. Chicken is really hard food for me although you can never tell how a food will work - generally you gotta chew it to mush and take a very small bbite to get anything down.

Lastly if you do throw up you are swollen inside so even if you 'feel ok' give you stomach time to heal, the swelling to go down and relax....take care, mary

Marc,

Poor guy - really feeling for you and hope all has passed. Usually for me if I slime it's gonna have to come out. Of course in the beginning I did everything possible to not throw up as I had such an aversion to doing it. I actually pb'd tonight too and i'm a bit sore. I think I ate a few bites too much and that came up and then i did wait one hour to drink anything but it was still too soon and that came up - so now, nothing until morning and then very small sips and possibly liquids all/most of the day to relax everything.

You're right -no drinking at all or it will be bad; try to relax and walk around to get your mind off things, take it easy and it will pass. Write back and let everyone know how it goes. Chicken is really hard food for me although you can never tell how a food will work - generally you gotta chew it to mush and take a very small bbite to get anything down.

Lastly if you do throw up you are swollen inside so even if you 'feel ok' give you stomach time to heal, the swelling to go down and relax....take care, mary

OK, I think I have a piece of chicken stuck. I know I ate it too quickly and didn't chew near enough.

I believe I'm slimming now. I hate the idea of vomiting. I can count on one hand the number of times I've done that in my life.

Is it possible for this thing to eventually go through? Or should I just accept that I'm going to vomit.

I HATE THIS.

I thought of drinking a sip of water but I'm fairly sure it may make it worse.

Any suggestions?

Of course, by time I get any replys to this it may be all over either way.

Always best to call a medical professional over this chat board.

Marc,

Mary,

Well, I didn't PB. Eventually, it went down. Walking around does seem to help. I never PB yet but I believe I was pretty close that night. Learned my lessons. 1.) When you get ready to eat... actually think about chewing. 2.) Don't eat when your mad (as I was that evening.) 3.) Generally take small bites. However, ALWAYS take a very small bite first. 4.) No sense in even trying dry chicken. If it's not moist then you're asking for trouble.

Thanks,

Mary

Always best to call a medical professional over this chat board.

Hi,

Well, I guess I was using the board as more of a way to get my mind of the pain. I didn't feel I was in any real danger. As a person with no health insurance I have to be VERY careful in seeking medical help.

Finally, I'm not sure I agree with you. This board has a number of people who know first hand what I was going through. Although I wouldn't get real time help I did get some good ideas. While the clinic I go to is great they were closed at the time and probably wouldn't know that this is something that happens with banded people from time to time.

Thank you,

Marc

How long did this incident last? Are you better now?

Was it from not chewing? What is pbing?

Sorry, I'm going to go down this road, I want to know

all the bad stuff, too.

Hope you're better!

Hi plj,

It lasted for hours and hours.... ok it probably really lasted for 30 minutes but it felt like hours and hours.

Absolutely from not chewing. See my lessons learned in a previous reply.

Pbing is Productive Burping. I've never done it. What I've been told is that it's similar vomiting but the piece of food is not digested at all.

Your doctor should give you some rules. If you break these rules, you just hurt yourself.

Hope this helps,

Marc