Easy Way Out

So I am headed into the 3rd week on the preop diet (I gave myself an extra week) and I keep thinking about all of those people who say this is the easy way out. I have gone to the gym almost everyday in that 3 weeks and get 800 calories a day- all I can think is that if anyone says that to me I might kill them. This is another reason why I am glad I am not telling many people about the surgery. It doesn't sound like it gets any easier after surgery either. How did you all handle comments about how banding is the "easy way out"?

Yes banding is the easy way out, just like AA is the easy way out of alcoholism, chemo is the easy way out of cancer, and therapy is the easy way out of crazy. This isn't a poker game, this is my life! There is no cheating to get healthy.

Yes banding is the easy way out, just like AA is the easy way out of alcoholism, chemo is the easy way out of cancer, and therapy is the easy way out of crazy. This isn't a poker game, this is my life! There is no cheating to get healthy.

OoOooo good answer!

Jann

I'm with you guys..if anyone ever said I took the easy way out, I would torque!!

Weight Watchers was easy, eating anything I wanted, whenever I wanted was easy, being on 4 shakes a day for two weeks on pre-op and then on liquids for 3 weeks and mushy foods for two more weeks...yeh that was a walk in the park! NOT!!!

I have told very few people about my surgery, and those I have told know everything about the band...I wanted them to understand everything, so their was no question that it is not the easy way out.

Love love love that response. I really need a laugh at this point in my life, so thanks for that.

That's probably the worst thing a person can say to a banded person...another reason why only 6 people in my life know about my surgery and they are all family! My best friend doesn't even know. I decided that I didn't want to take a chance at ruining our friendship...;)