All paid up and ready to go!!

Well....I did it, I went to the bank today to get my draft to pay for the surgery and faxed it down!!! One side I am soo happy to be doing this, and starting this new journery....but the exchange rate just about gave me a heartattack!!!!! I called Tuesday, and it was only going to cost me $600.00 for American funds (which is higher than in September when I was going to originally send it). Yesterday I went down to the bank because I had to wait for payday (which is acutally today, but i did payroll early!!), and they told me it was $900.00, and I did not have that much!!! Yikes!! But today....it costed me and extra $1586.00!!! OMG!!!!! I thought i was going to have a heart attack!!! I know this is a good thing, and I did plan for the exchange rate....but HOLY CRAP!!! I am pretty sure the girl at the bank didn't know what to make of me!!

I should have listened to my little voice in my head and did the check in September, when it was only going to cost me $200.00!!!! I guess it serves me right for not listening to my little voice...she is always so reasonable!! But...it's done...and I am ready to go!! The pre-op diet is going okay, I started early so I could enjoy a little bit of Thanksgiving this weekend.

Thanks for listening to me rant!! See you on the other side :lol:

Well....I did it, I went to the bank today to get my draft to pay for the surgery and faxed it down!!! One side I am soo happy to be doing this, and starting this new journery....but the exchange rate just about gave me a heartattack!!!!! I called Tuesday, and it was only going to cost me $600.00 for American funds (which is higher than in September when I was going to originally send it). Yesterday I went down to the bank because I had to wait for payday (which is acutally today, but i did payroll early!!), and they told me it was $900.00, and I did not have that much!!! Yikes!! But today....it costed me and extra $1586.00!!! OMG!!!!! I thought i was going to have a heart attack!!! I know this is a good thing, and I did plan for the exchange rate....but HOLY CRAP!!! I am pretty sure the girl at the bank didn't know what to make of me!!

I should have listened to my little voice in my head and did the check in September, when it was only going to cost me $200.00!!!! I guess it serves me right for not listening to my little voice...she is always so reasonable!! But...it's done...and I am ready to go!! The pre-op diet is going okay, I started early so I could enjoy a little bit of Thanksgiving this weekend.

Thanks for listening to me rant!! See you on the other side :lol:

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I paid about 300 extra back in June which confused me because our dollar was more than the US dollar. Apparently it doesn't count in reverse. My American accounts never changed my billings to reflect our stronger CDN dollar. What can you do? Main thing is, you are paid up now and it's a reality. Can't wait for you to join us in Band-land! YAY! Enjoy Thanksgiving!

Jann

Completely understand! When I went on Paypal and paid for my procedure, that was the largest amount of money i've ever put down on anything ever! And I even bought a house last spring! :o It was insaine, but will definitely be worth every penny.

Congrats!!!

I'm confused about the exchange amount. I thought we were quoted an amount based on american money. Can you clarify this for me?

Also congrats on your upcoming surgery. Best thing I ever did for myself

Yup, the quote is USD's however we're in Canada.

Hope that clears that up.

Jann

I'm confused about the exchange amount. I thought we were quoted an amount based on american money. Can you clarify this for me?

Also congrats on your upcoming surgery. Best thing I ever did for myself

I am Canadian, and our dollar is lower than your dollar and dropping right now because the bank and bail out plan. So as our dollar drops, i have to pay more. Which is really crappy because two weeks ago, i should have paid and only would have paid an extra $200-$300. That $1000 sure did burn into my savings!! Oh well...this is my health and there really shouldn't be a price on it...but it sure came close today!!!

Wow! I didn't realize the exchange had skyrocketed so much...we went to the Dominican in January and took American money and all I had to pay was the service charge, back then our money was worth more. I sure hope it goes back down before March when I go to the Bahamas.

Either way babe, you are worth every penny...congratulations on taking the plunge..you won't regret it!!