Papaya enzymes

My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 29 th and I have been reading the forum and came across the recommendation of taking papaya enzymes. What are they and what do they do. Needless to say I am concerned about this complete life altering change (but an ready for it). Concerned that PB and sliming will get in the way of normal life. Any suggestions or support would be nice.

My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 29 th and I have been reading the forum and came across the recommendation of taking papaya enzymes. What are they and what do they do. Needless to say I am concerned about this complete life altering change (but an ready for it). Concerned that PB and sliming will get in the way of normal life. Any suggestions or support would be nice.

They are chewable tablets that aid in digestion, including speeding up the process to break down food. The idea for bandsters is that papaya can help break down the food that may become stuck in your stoma. I've taken them and sometimes they seem to help, and other times they just mean that what I puke up first is papaya flavored!

By the way, they taste pretty good.