Can you just forget about the band?

My surgery is scheduled for October 10th.

Personally, I hope to have this done, eat less, eventually just forget about it

and get on with my life, going back to the normal energy levels and do the

active things I used to do.

Of course, I'm gathering all the info I can get....

But does anyone ever accomplish this? Just doing it and forgetting it

and not being a "banded" person?

Thanks!

oh, I'm going to be in Denver.

My surgery is scheduled for October 10th.

Personally, I hope to have this done, eat less, eventually just forget about it

and get on with my life, going back to the normal energy levels and do the

active things I used to do.

Of course, I'm gathering all the info I can get....

But does anyone ever accomplish this? Just doing it and forgetting it

and not being a "banded" person?

Thanks!

oh, I'm going to be in Denver.

plj: I was banded on 08/31. I already have gone to, "this is a way of life". It will be on your mind a lot, especially when you have been on liquids for two weeks and you have one more week to go. Just about at that point you could chew shoe leather!! But, I was surprise how quickly I fell into the routine after I could have solids. You do go back to you normal energy levels. Correction, better energy levels. You plan your meals ahead and life goes on without the constant thoughts about the band. Of course now I have my first fill scheduled for, so I have to work at still eating like I have restriction even when I don't. But it isn't in my constant thoughts like it was before and right after my surgery. This might not be the way everyone reacts to being banded, I can only speak for myself. Hope this has helped.

Catherine

I was banded june 23, 2005 so i have over a year under my "band" but at first i was like everyone else. i watched the clocked after every meal and waited exactly one hour before drinking. it really consumed my life at first. after about 4 or 5 month everything was like second nature. when going out to eat i dont even order a drink and i dont tempt my self with it. i usually go about my routine after my meal and i have become familiar with the feeling of my stomach being empty. after you can easily recognize that feeling you think you will figure everything out for yourself. hope this helps.

Newbander,

Thank you for your post. I look forward to that point. Right now, I am definitely a clock watcher. I don't mind. It sure beats not being banded, but I wonder if you really can teach an old dog new tricks. Glad to hear I might be able to get it down and out of my head. Thanks,

Becki