CA fill Dr

Hi, it's been awhile since I posted and my surgery with Dr O was 7/21. I just wanted to let anyone in CA know there is a great option for a fill in CA if you can't make it to TJ like me. In Ventura there is a Dr H. Billy who is also a trainer/proctor for the lab band companies. His office does about 1000 fills a year and they are all very very nice people. He spends a lot of time talking with you and did my fill so fast and painless I was totally and very pleasantly surprised. He charges $300 and that covers your first 2 fills. After that if you need more they are $150 each. If you need one in less than 30 days it is free. He also is reachable 24 hours a day like Dr O. I have had 2 fills and both were a piece of cake and the second one seems to be working. There is a nutritionist on staff also as part of their service.

This was the best choice for me since the drive was 1 3/4 hours instead of 7+ each way. I didn't need to get a hotel room or rent a car since my 1992 isn't my first choice for a drive that long. My budget just can't take the extra cost of TJ trip since I used our savings for the surgery.

I hope this helps someone as good fill drs are scarce. :P

Edited by bubs

• 1 month later...
Hi, it's been awhile since I posted and my surgery with Dr O was 7/21. I just wanted to let anyone in CA know there is a great option for a fill in CA if you can't make it to TJ like me. In Ventura there is a Dr H. Billy who is also a trainer/proctor for the lab band companies. His office does about 1000 fills a year and they are all very very nice people. He spends a lot of time talking with you and did my fill so fast and painless I was totally and very pleasantly surprised. He charges $300 and that covers your first 2 fills. After that if you need more they are $150 each. If you need one in less than 30 days it is free. He also is reachable 24 hours a day like Dr O. I have had 2 fills and both were a piece of cake and the second one seems to be working. There is a nutritionist on staff also as part of their service.

This was the best choice for me since the drive was 1 3/4 hours instead of 7+ each way. I didn't need to get a hotel room or rent a car since my 1992 isn't my first choice for a drive that long. My budget just can't take the extra cost of TJ trip since I used our savings for the surgery.

I hope this helps someone as good fill drs are scarce. :P

Can you please post his contact info. Thanks!

Hi Bubs,

I was also banded on July 21st...does this Dr. use Fluoro? I've had 2 fills in TJ but the price just went from $130 to $199 so...I guess it's time to evaluate the cost of flying to San Diego & the price of fills Vs. flying to L.A.?? If they use fluoro the price seems good. Can you post a phone number?

Hi Bubs,

I was also banded on July 21st...does this Dr. use Fluoro? I've had 2 fills in TJ but the price just went from $130 to $199 so...I guess it's time to evaluate the cost of flying to San Diego & the price of fills Vs. flying to L.A.?? If they use fluoro the price seems good. Can you post a phone number?

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't answer this sooner. For some reason my reply notices went to spam file...not sure why. Here is the info for Dr Billy.

Dr.Helmuth T.Billy

3200 Telegraph Road

Ventura,CA. 93003

Office(805)676-9100 ext.109

Fax (805) 676-9110 fax

I highly recomend them as the next best choice to TJ and Dr O. I will be going to see Dr O for my 4th fill since I will be vacioning in So Cal the week of the 14th. A week in a beach front condo was our xmas gift from my daughter. 45 mins north of San Diego so TJ here I come.

Good luck :D

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't answer this sooner. For some reason my reply notices went to spam file...not sure why. Here is the info for Dr Billy.

Dr.Helmuth T.Billy

3200 Telegraph Road

Ventura,CA. 93003

Fax (805) 676-9110 fax

I highly recomend them as the next best choice to TJ and Dr O. I will be going to see Dr O for my 4th fill since I will be vacioning in So Cal the week of the 14th. A week in a beach front condo was our xmas gift from my daughter. 45 mins north of San Diego so TJ here I come.

thanks for the info! Can you tell us if he uses flour for this price or is it a blind fill?

thanks

thanks for the info! Can you tell us if he uses flour for this price or is it a blind fill?

thanks

Hi, It is a blind fill but they hit it first time each time. They suck the fluid back out into the needle and measure it before putting back in and adding more. They do over a thousand a year I was told and are very good at it. I am grateful to have such a great back up to Dr O after reading some horror stories about fills on this site. A lot of Drs won't touch you if you didn't get banded there so I am doubly thankful.

Pam

Dr.Helmuth T.Billy

3200 Telegraph Road

Ventura,CA. 93003

Fax (805) 676-9110 fax

Is there a website for his practice?