LAP BAND FILL

doodles

A WEEK AGO I HAD A FILL THAT FELT RESTRICTED AND I HAD GREAT HOPE. BUT, NOW IM NOT SO RESTRICTED AND I'M LOSING HOPE AGAIN. WAS THIS CAUSED FROM SWELLING? I HAVE ONLY LOST 20 LBS IN A YEAR SINCE BEING BANDED. SHOULD I TRULY JUST BE ABLE TO EAT 1/2 CUP OF FOOD? WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG? CAN SOMEONE BE BRUTALLY HONEST AND TELL ME WHAT TO EAT AND WHAT I SHOULD NOT EAT. :(

Hi Doodles,

If you have good restriction and you feel full after eating 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food per meal, here are some suggestions for meals.

Breakfast:

Protein shake or English Muffin with cheese or Egg on Multi-Grain Toast or Granola type cereal

Lunch:

Green salad with chicken or lean cuisine or 3 oz of meat (beef, turkey or chicken)with 1/4 cup of rice, veggie or potato or salad)

Dinner:

3oz meat (chicken, fish, turkey, beef, pork, ham etc) with 1/4 cup of green veggies and 1/4 cup of rice or potato

Snacks: Under 100 calories eg: unsweetened pudding, thincations cookies, fudgecicle, popcicle, yogurt, pc of fruit

Drink as much water as possible, I drink only water, you can substitute fruit for juice or add crystal lite to water. Coffee or tea with low fat milk and sweetener

I rarely eat butter, margarine or mayo...I get natural fat from meat only.

Keep your daily calorie intake under 1200 and only put 1/4 cup portions of each food group on your plate and when you feel full walk away.

If you don't have restriction after 3/4 cup of food per meal, you need a fill, book one asap.

I hope these suggestions will help boost your weight loss. If you have any more questions, just ask!!

EXCELLENT post Cathy! I've printed this simple meal guide for me. You are doing awesome.

Doddles...I've heard of some going back to basic, as if you've just had your surgery, and start retraining your stomach and mentality. Start with the clear liquids, then the creamy soups stage, then start progression of solids. Some say it had given them a 'jump start'.

Even though I had my surgery 2 weeks ago (is that all???)...I am keeping a daily journal of what I eat, my feelings, my small reachable goals, exercising, etc.

Hope this helps! Keep the focus and go forward. Your band is still your tool, just need to change something to get you going again. Keep in touch with your progess!

Yes Cathy spelled it out nicely. Certainly if you don't feel full after 1/2 to 3/4 cup food you need a fill. I feel a for sure full as I approach the 1/2 cup mark of food so I quit then. I then stay full for several hours after that. This is how it should work.

Book that fill today!!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember, to eat the right way too, proteins first, then veg, then carbs, (if you eat them). For a while, i'd try to stay off carbs for a while, and try just protein and vegetables, and see how you do on that. that's just a tool to use when you don't feel as restricted. When restriction doesn't seem to be working, try changing your diet a little bit, until you can go get a fill.

• 3 months later...

I got my first fill a month ago and have been gaining weight ever since. After my surgery I could feel the restriction and could only eat limited food. However, my weight loss was slow. After I got the fill, I went backward and felt as I did before the surgery-I could eat unlimited food, but I would often get things stuck. I had a 1.8 cc fill. I know what it felt like to not be able to eat more than 1/2 to one cup at a time, three times a day and I want it back, but I don't know what went wrong. Does anyone know? I would think I would need a fill, but even with pea-sized pieces, I can get stuck, which never happened before.