I'm official!

Well, I survived. :)

I was banded in Central PA on Monday... surgery took about an hour, and within another hour or so, I was in my room, somewhat groggy from the anesthesia. Felt like I was doing pretty well, sucking on ice chips, just a few sips of water. They measured pain on a 0-5 scale, and I honestly never went over 3. My overnight in the hospital didn't go as well - I guess I was having a reaction to the anesthesia, or maybe the morphine. Started setting off the oxygen meters, my IV started beeping like crazy for some reason, and then around 4AM, I started throwing up. Nothing quite like throwing up with a bellyful of poke-holes. Holy cow, not only did it hurt, it was scary, worrying that I was going to pop something, or slip my band. The doctors assured a teary me it would be OK, though, and after a flouro in the AM, they said the band was right where it should be. I was released later that afternoon, and man was it good to be home. (Nothing beeping or poking me here! Woohoo!)

So, it's Thursday now and I'm doing well. The pain isn't bad at all. I'm excited because I'm allowed full liquids today (my surgeon has me on a different schedule than the OCC docs, I'm guessing from other posts) and strained cream of chicken never tasted so good. Sip, sip, sip...walk, walk, walk.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share an update that I've crossed over to the other side!

Well, I survived. :)

I was banded in Central PA on Monday... surgery took about an hour, and within another hour or so, I was in my room, somewhat groggy from the anesthesia. Felt like I was doing pretty well, sucking on ice chips, just a few sips of water. They measured pain on a 0-5 scale, and I honestly never went over 3. My overnight in the hospital didn't go as well - I guess I was having a reaction to the anesthesia, or maybe the morphine. Started setting off the oxygen meters, my IV started beeping like crazy for some reason, and then around 4AM, I started throwing up. Nothing quite like throwing up with a bellyful of poke-holes. Holy cow, not only did it hurt, it was scary, worrying that I was going to pop something, or slip my band. The doctors assured a teary me it would be OK, though, and after a flouro in the AM, they said the band was right where it should be. I was released later that afternoon, and man was it good to be home. (Nothing beeping or poking me here! Woohoo!)

So, it's Thursday now and I'm doing well. The pain isn't bad at all. I'm excited because I'm allowed full liquids today (my surgeon has me on a different schedule than the OCC docs, I'm guessing from other posts) and strained cream of chicken never tasted so good. Sip, sip, sip...walk, walk, walk.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share an update that I've crossed over to the other side!

Glad you are better. How traumatic was that?!! Anyway, onward and downward for you! Take care!

Jann

Now I feel guilty for complaining about a little gas. I had almost 0 pain, other than some slight pressure discomfort. Sore, yes....pain...going on day 3 and still nothin' but a feeling of something in my stomach that my body doesn't know how to explain yet. Congrats, and I hope you do well.

Yowsa...I am so sorry you had all that throwing up! With the way my tummy feels right now I can't imagine getting sick. I had to cough earlier and that was bad enough! I'm so glad you are feeling better. And congrats! I'm just a day behind you so it will be exciting to compare notes!

Good luck and congrats!!!