November Surgery Patients

Hi

i am having surgery on Nov 2nd... i was wondering if anyone will be there during that time getting surgery or a fill? my mom is going with me for support but i am more worried about her having someone to talk to than anything else.

also, any colorado people out there?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

i am having surgery on Nov 2nd... i was wondering if anyone will be there during that time getting surgery or a fill? my mom is going with me for support but i am more worried about her having someone to talk to than anything else.

also, any colorado people out there?

I PLAN ON GOING BACK DOWN ON THE 2ND FOR A CHECK UP, FILL IF NEEDED :)

Melissa,

How come you have to have your band put back on? what happened with the first one?

Kim

Hi Kim, I had an upper GI done in February and they gave me this stuff to drink, and after I took it they told me it puts air in your stomach so they can see better. Doing that made my band slip, and by the time it was found it was to late to save my band. Dr. Ortiz had to do emergency surgery on me the day after easter. I can't wait until next month I want my band on soooooo bad.

Melissa

Hi there! I'll be at the TJ hotel on the 13th for a NOVEMBER 14th surgery.

If anyone else is going to be there at this time, I'd love to hear from you! :D

Hello all! I am new to the forum. I am flying to San Diego Nov 13, for a surgery on Nov 14 also. So, Kristi Ann, I'll see you at the hotel.

Greg

Hi there! I'll be at the TJ hotel on the 13th for a NOVEMBER 14th surgery.

If anyone else is going to be there at this time, I'd love to hear from you! :D

Hi Kristi Ann,

I'll also be at the TJ hotel on the 13th for a November 14th surgery. Let's keep in touch!

Liz

Are there any other Novemeber patients out there??

I'll be there the 13th. My surgery is scheduled on the 14th.

Liz

Hello all! I am new to the forum. I am flying to San Diego Nov 13, for a surgery on Nov 14 also. So, Kristi Ann, I'll see you at the hotel.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I too will be there the same dates as you. Where are you flying from?

Liz

Wavin Hello to Everyone!!

Both my son (15) and myself will be having surgery on Nov 1, flying in Oct 31. Dr. Ortiez will be doing the surgery. Lori is a doll to talk with! I couldn't believe it, while researching I found Cindy-from-AZ who just had her surgery Oct 16th!!! (my daughter use to babysit for her kids). We live about a mile apart!!! I called her and was sooooooooo relieved. I have major butterflies and very nervous, but excited too. She has been a huge support and very knowledgeable. Thank you Cindy, if you read this!!!!!! Your a doll too! and happy losing! Teri

Wavin Hello to Everyone!!

Both my son (15) and myself will be having surgery on Nov 1, flying in Oct 31. Dr. Ortiez will be doing the surgery. Lori is a doll to talk with! I couldn't believe it, while researching I found Cindy-from-AZ who just had her surgery Oct 16th!!! (my daughter use to babysit for her kids). We live about a mile apart!!! I called her and was sooooooooo relieved. I have major butterflies and very nervous, but excited too. She has been a huge support and very knowledgeable. Thank you Cindy, if you read this!!!!!! Your a doll too! and happy losing! Teri

Good luck Teri- I'm glad you decided to go forward- you will contunue to have butterflies until that day ---I did and then once I started speaking to all of the staff it went great--I will keep up with you Love Cyndi

Hi Kristi Ann,

I'll also be at the TJ hotel on the 13th for a November 14th surgery. Let's keep in touch!

Liz

I'll be there the 13th. My surgery is scheduled on the 14th.

Liz

Hi Greg,

I too will be there the same dates as you. Where are you flying from?

Liz

So far, three of us with Nov 14th surgery date.

Liz, I am flying in from Denver. I live in Omaha, but am going to meet up with my private nurse, who lives in Denver. She will be accompanying me for my procedure, and will assist me in the days after.

Where are you girls flying from, Kristi Ann and Liz? .

Hi all, I am having surgery on Nov 17th and seem to be eating everything in site and eating only out. I am not sure what is going on. Maybe food seperation anxiety :) I really think I should start with the shakes at least once a day now so it is not so hard one week out.

Terri

Hi all, I am having surgery on Nov 17th and seem to be eating everything in site and eating only out. I am not sure what is going on. Maybe food seperation anxiety :) I really think I should start with the shakes at least once a day now so it is not so hard one week out. Terri
Terri, Congratulations on making the decision to be banded. Your idea to start the shakes is a good one. Do it. You will feel better and you will start the process needed to rethink how you eat. The band is a tool it does not replace your emotional or physical need for food. You still need to think through your eating if you want it to assist you in losing weight. There is no need for the band unless you decide to modify your eating habits. You will always be able to eat around the band and defeat its purpose.

If you have anxiety the best advice I got was to replace the food with another activity you love to do. Start walking or exercise. What hobbies do you have? Do one when you feel anxiety. If you eat to fill an emotional need it will not get any better when banded. The void will stay unless you fill it with something that will help alleviate the anxiety.

If you are being banded by Dr. Ortiz I would put in a phone call to Dr. Miranda. Let her structure your eating so you don't have to. Start increasing your water intake, grab a bottle of H2O every chance you get.

The procedure can cause you to feel anxiety when you have not experienced it as it did for me also. It is over in no time and you can be feeling great as most do.

Here are two examples of why you should start to modify your diet today. Dr. Ortiz passed on one incident where on the 4th day after surgery a person had a chicken Cesar salad and got a piece of chicken stuck in their esophagus and had to seek medical help for removal. Also a friend of mine who was banded was flying home after surgery two days post-op and could not resist the urge to eat 2 Sun Chips. That was 2 and immediately used the barf bag supplied as it came up hard and caused them esophageal pain.

I was in your shoes not long ago and the best way for me to get through the anxiety was to consult Dr. Miranda and eat as though I was already banded. If that is something you can do it will be much easier once you have the band in place. Best wishes for a successful banding! Kevin

Hi Kym - my surgery is scheduled for Nov. 2nd also and I am coming alone from AZ, would love to meet you, I am scared of being alone, so would appreciate any support.

Hi Sabledog, I will probably see you the next day!!! My son and I are having the surgery Nov 1, and we stay overnight so we might run into you. I am from AZ also (Gold Canyon) by the Superstition Mts, Where in AZ do you live? Good Luck, I am sooooooooooooo excited and nervous. Teri :o

Wow...there are a bunch of you who are being banded on the 2nd. I will be there for my 2nd fill...I was banded in August. Don't worry....it's so easy. :D

I'm arriving tomorrow afternoon and will be staying the night. Would love to meet up with you guys.

Kirsten

I'M GETTING MY FILL ON THURSDAY KIRSTEN, I FINALLY GOT A CHANCE TO CALL RENE AND GET IT ON THE BOOKS :)