November Surgery Patients

Hi Kristi Ann,

I'll also be at the TJ hotel on the 13th for a November 14th surgery. Let's keep in touch!

Liz

I'll be there the 13th. My surgery is scheduled on the 14th.

Liz

Hi Greg,

I too will be there the same dates as you. Where are you flying from?

Liz

liz... greg & i were a bit concerned when we didn't see you back at the hotel.

hope all is well with you, hun. :) give us an update when you can!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help !!! I am 5 days post op and still VERY sore around my port site and the bruising is very dark and many colors and covers 1/3 of my stomach. Is this normal?????? I am sure the bruising will go away but what about the sharp shooting pains every time I move. Is this also normal?? Anyone dealing with the same issues?

Terri :(

Help !!! I am 5 days post op and still VERY sore around my port site and the bruising is very dark and many colors and covers 1/3 of my stomach. Is this normal?????? I am sure the bruising will go away but what about the sharp shooting pains every time I move. Is this also normal?? Anyone dealing with the same issues?

Terri :(

Teri,

You should call the clinic right away. It may be normal for some people but you are safer asking the people who really know the answer. No one here can tell you what is okay for you. Call Dr. Ortiz. Nita

Teri,

You should call the clinic right away. It may be normal for some people but you are safer asking the people who really know the answer. No one here can tell you what is okay for you. Call Dr. Ortiz. Nita

Thanks, I took your advise and Dr. Ortiz had me come down yesterday and put me on some meds just to be safe and took a look with ultrasound. Either durning surgery or something I did I hit some muscle in the port area causing the bleeding under the skin and the huge bruising. All is good, just need to limit bending and quick movements the next 10 days.

Happy Turkey Clear Liquid Day !!!!!

Terri

Thanks, I took your advise and Dr. Ortiz had me come down yesterday and put me on some meds just to be safe and took a look with ultrasound. Either durning surgery or something I did I hit some muscle in the port area causing the bleeding under the skin and the huge bruising. All is good, just need to limit bending and quick movements the next 10 days.

Happy Turkey Clear Liquid Day !!!!!

Terri

Very happy to hear all is well!!

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving. Nita

Hello all,

I've been banded! My surgery was yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, down here in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz. I feel great. The first hours were tough with all the gas pains. That seems to be getting better. Now, I'm just working on getting dismissed from here so I can go outside for a walk (and shopping!).

Hope you are all doing well.

Kathy

Hello all,

I've been banded! My surgery was yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, down here in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz. I feel great. The first hours were tough with all the gas pains. That seems to be getting better. Now, I'm just working on getting dismissed from here so I can go outside for a walk (and shopping!).

Hope you are all doing well.

Kathy

Good Luck to you Kathy and happy shopping.

greg,

was good to see you in TJ... i hope things are going well for you. read else where you were having some leg cramps, hope that gets resolved soon. things are ok with me. being mommy and going back to work this week causes me to be absolutely exhausted by 6pm. we're only 1 week post op... to be expected! good news is that i am not sore like i was-- unlike mr. lucky pants who was practically dancing through the streets just after surgery! haha which reminds me, thanks for going to shop (again) with us! you should post a poncho pic! :P keep in touch.

Great to hear from you Kristi Ann! Just to give you an update, I started to get the slight pain/discomfort at the same incision site you did, but it was/is minor. Also limping a little now (from a massive leg cramp a couple of nights ago). Guess I need to add more OJ to my liquid diet.

It was a pleasure meeting you, and I was happy to go shopping with you. I too am back to work, but am not back to my full energy level.

I do hope we can keep in touch. I also wonder how Liz is doing. Hope she wanders onto the forum soon.

Take care, and best of wishes to you.

Terri,

How is your port site doing? I am having some issues now. I can feel my port just under my skin. I have emailed for assistance but am a little nervous. I don't want to do anything wrong. How is your post op diet? It doesn't seem so bad to me but we still have a ways to go. I hope that all is well and hope to talk to you soon. :huh:

Terri,

How is your port site doing? I am having some issues now. I can feel my port just under my skin. I have emailed for assistance but am a little nervous. I don't want to do anything wrong. How is your post op diet? It doesn't seem so bad to me but we still have a ways to go. I hope that all is well and hope to talk to you soon. :huh:

Hello !! Great to hear from you. I had to go back down the day before Thanksgiving because I had really bad deep red brusing and they put me on meds for a week just incase of infection. My port site bothers me non stop and is sunken in. Yuck. I hope that changes. My diet has been tough. I have my old appetite back and have been struggling each day. But I will forge forward and try and forget about food. :) I think it is because I have that larger band. I have lost 15 pounds since I started pre diet so I am going to cut myself so slack until I start getting fills and pray I loose weight. I know we will do it. It is a major adjustment and a crazy time of year. I think it is going to take a few more weeks for our tummies to heal so hang in there.

Talk to ya soon, Terri