Band Slipped

:( Hi,

I had my lap band surgery on April 4, 2006. Three days ago I start to feel a lot pain. Everything solid that I tried to eat, I end up vomiting. Today I went to the emergency room and they told me that my band slipped. Now the band is located where the esofhagus and the stomach meets. They want to remove. I'm on a liquid diet until the surgery. Sincerely, I don't want to remove the band. There is any other option? Can the band be reposition back to it's place?

I don't have the money to pay for another surgery, and because my BMI is 32, I don't qualify for gastric bypass, so the band was my only hope for weight loss. I feel like they will take from me my only chance to get to my goal weight.

Please, I need a reply ASAP. They will be calling me very soon to schedulle the surgery to remove the band.

Thank you very much. :(

:( Hi,

I had my lap band surgery on April 4, 2006. Three days ago I start to feel a lot pain. Everything solid that I tried to eat, I end up vomiting. Today I went to the emergency room and they told me that my band slipped. Now the band is located where the esofhagus and the stomach meets. They want to remove. I'm on a liquid diet until the surgery. Sincerely, I don't want to remove the band. There is any other option? Can the band be reposition back to it's place?

I don't have the money to pay for another surgery, and because my BMI is 32, I don't qualify for gastric bypass, so the band was my only hope for weight loss. I feel like they will take from me my only chance to get to my goal weight.

Please, I need a reply ASAP. They will be calling me very soon to schedulle the surgery to remove the band.

Thank you very much. :(

Boy, I wouldn't mess around I would call Dr. Ortiz immediately. There are somethings a forum can help with, and this isn't one of them. If anyone can advise you on what to do it will be Dr. Ortiz. You should have his cell phone in your paperwork if you don't the clinic's number is

1-866-376-7849. They open at 9:00 Pacific time.

Good Luck,

Catherine

Boy, I wouldn't mess around I would call Dr. Ortiz immediately. There are somethings a forum can help with, and this isn't one of them. If anyone can advise you on what to do it will be Dr. Ortiz. You should have his cell phone in your paperwork if you don't the clinic's number is

1-866-376-7849. They open at 9:00 Pacific time.

Good Luck,

Catherine

Second this call Dr. Ortiz ASAP! Don't bother with forum advice go to the source. I would. But try to put your fears on the back burner. I am sure there is a solution that will meet your needs.