Protein Shakes

salena

Hi Salena ~ Welcome!

To start off with is what Jann just posted. Lots of yummy ones too. There are also lot of other protein shakes receipes oon the internet...you can google it and go from there. The same goes for choosing protein powder. I personally use AmazeRX (www.AmazeRX.com) and mix and match my flavors. GREAT TASTING and has 17g of protein per shake. My DS suggested to use peanut butter protein powder (www.bellplantation.com) to add flavor to my chocolate or vanilla shake. It has 4.3g of protein per serving. When I add the two together, my tasty shakes has 21.3g of protein. Really, it's all a matter of taste.

Good luck!

• 2 years later...

The most important supplement you can take to gain weight by building muscle is protein shakes. They are basically the only supplement I have ever used. They are completely safe, unless you take an insane amount as 700grams in a single day. No side effects or anything. So why protein shakes so important? Proteins are probably the most important part of your diet when you are working on building muscle and weight gain, and is the cornerstone of the muscles. Without protein the body can not build muscle. But I can not get enough protein from my usual diet? Why do I need extra protein shakes? Sure, you can get protein from your normal diet, but we all know that when we are trying to gain weight you should eat at least 1 gram of protein per kilogram of body weight. It is very difficult for you to get this amount of protein in their regular diet.

wheyproteinshake

• 1 month later...

Oh! Protein shakes are wonderful, cheap and a great source of easily digestible nourishment. I get protein powder at the health food store as well, but might even be cheaper to buy it online and lightweight to ship. Anyway, I too add bananas, peanut butter, frozen fruit, fresh fruit you name it. My blender is my friend. LOL