First Fill

Just got back from first fill YEAH!!!! and am on liquids but my friend she felt the difference even with liquids? It still feels the same to me??? What is normal? I feel good and the fill was a breeze. The Dr in Flagstaff Az is Awesome and Oh so cute!

Uhm, I didn't really feel anything on my first fill until I got past liquids and then it was clear I had some restriction even if it wasn't tight restriction.

Jann

oooh Margaret...a cute dr? he he...all the more the reason to get another fill soon! LOL

I would assume you would feel some kind of restriction. Did you talk to the dr about the size of your band and such? Did he use fluro and see how the flow of your drink go down? Did you stay arond his office and drank some water to see how it is? How much restriction did he do for you?

I am no expect here since I haven't gotten my first fill yet. But I would ask questions the next time to get a clearer picture of where your band stands. I am hoping the other 'pros' will help you with this issue. I do understand that you should go on liquids and the progress up to solids.

I didn't really feel much after my first fill either. In fact, I had to be really careful in watching my portions because I could eat EVERYTHING! From what I've read I think this is normal. You're gradually trying to get to your "Sweet Spot".

Have a great day!!

Hey Margaret,

My band is 10MM and I only got 1.66cc versus T1 who got 2cc. On Monday when I could eat I had a lean cusine tri tip meal with taters and broccoli... I spit at the last bite because I got this really fast oncoming tightness of the chest. Like the food was sticking as other people have mentioned. I stopped eating took several deep breaths and it passed within 4 minutes.

I'm also extra super gassy like it never stops... does anyone know why that happens....

Cheers,

Tara

Well, you should feel water go through but not to the point that it's NOT going through. It should be an slower pace going through.

OK...is there any way you can get a picture of him the next time you go and post him here? Then we can drool like you are - LOL!! And, um, what number do we call for an appt and where exactly does this hunk, I mean fill dr, work at? LOL

Glad to see you got your first fill...now don't forget to chew, chew,chew real good!!

Just got back from first fill YEAH!!!! and am on liquids but my friend she felt the difference even with liquids? It still feels the same to me??? What is normal? I feel good and the fill was a breeze. The Dr in Flagstaff Az is Awesome and Oh so cute!

liquids didn't feel much different, but food should.

(what's up with the hottie bariatric surgeons?)

Thanks Guys! Yes he used Flurro and I Had 1.8 cc put in a 4cc band. Only reason I was worried is my friend said she could even feel water going through. So I was just making sure I had not lost my mind. You all might want to make the trip to az for this DR LOL

1.8 is about what my fill is in a 4cc over two fills. I actually physically don't feel anything but my eating is totally under control. The only time that I actually am aware that I have the band is if I don't follow the rules of chewing 20 times and eating slowly and then it's slime city big time.

Jann

My first fill was on the 22nd and I felt no restriction at first... until 4 or 5 days later, then I made the mistake of eating too fast

and WOW..so much pain and I actually threw up, with very little warning! lol

Now I have really good restriction and eat my protein first! Anything bread-y gets stuck!