New to the forum

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to all of you lovely people. I have actually been visiting the forum for a few months off and on reading posts to gain inspiration, help and/or camaraderie when I needed a little boost. However today is the first day I took the extra step to register so I could post myself. I am a California girl actually living in Utah for the time being which isn't my ideal situation, but I'm dealing! :P I had my lapband surgery on May 15th with Dr Ortiz just a couple months shy of my 27th birthday - I finally made the decision to get the surgery when I realized I didn't want to hit 30 with my weight and health feeling so out of my control! To date I have lost 66 lbs which I am sooo excited about!! I've never lost that much weight on a diet! =D>

What actually spurred me on to make my voice heard on this forum was the realization that I am making myself go through this journey completely alone which is completely unnecessary as all of you are here helping each other out and all I had to do was sign up to be a part! Duh...call me slow if you want! ;) Anyways here's what happened...Friday before last I went to OCC to have my second fill and at the time I thought it seemed a little tight, but I wasn't smart enough to go back to the clinic to have another adjustment before going home. When I got home Saturday things went downhill and I was forced to throw up my lunch (literally!) and from that time I couldn't take in any food or liquids. NOT COOL! Food I can deal without for a while, but anyone who knows me knows that I am a water fiend and not being able to drink any of the sweet nectar of the gods for three days was miserable! :(( So on Tuesday I got in to see a Fill Centers USA doctor here in SLC and had an unfill back to 1.8 cc which was the level of my first fill just to be safe. The good thing about this whole ordeal was that I finally broke my plateau of 52 lbs down and am now down 66 and it was a heck of a learning experience! As I was saying earlier though - I had to go through it basically all alone because I hadn't made any relationships with any fellow bandsters - a mistake I am looking to remedy now. :D I hope to talk to all of you over the next little while and make some new friends as we go through this lapband journey together.

So thank you all for reading my loooong post (sorry about that!) - and I hope you all have a great weekend. Much love, G :wub:

Hi G and WELCOME!!!

WOW - you've done GREAT with your weight loss! CONGRATS! Would you care to share your experience thus far? We would love to hear it.

Like you, I had browsed a few before registering and when I signed up in Sep I haven't stop talking since! Seriously, I've been yakking a storrm because I was a newbie and now newly banded since Oct 8, I can start my journey WITH the other new and old bandsters. So glad you came back! We ALL help each other out and suggest, give tips, etc...and RECIPES! LOL...I love to share them...yeah, but healthy ones!

WELCOME my new friend!

Hello and welcome,

This can be a fun and exciting journey, and it can be difficult, scary (if you don’t understand the changes you need to make) and agonizing (if you’re not loosing the weight you think you should).

We're here to share your good times and celebrate with you, and support you during the difficult times and help however we can.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on how well you've been doing!

Best,

Lisa

Glad you decided to join the group! Welcome to the group!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to all of you lovely people. I have actually been visiting the forum for a few months off and on reading posts to gain inspiration, help and/or camaraderie when I needed a little boost. However today is the first day I took the extra step to register so I could post myself. I am a California girl actually living in Utah for the time being which isn't my ideal situation, but I'm dealing! :P I had my lapband surgery on May 15th with Dr Ortiz just a couple months shy of my 27th birthday - I finally made the decision to get the surgery when I realized I didn't want to hit 30 with my weight and health feeling so out of my control! To date I have lost 66 lbs which I am sooo excited about!! I've never lost that much weight on a diet! =D>

What actually spurred me on to make my voice heard on this forum was the realization that I am making myself go through this journey completely alone which is completely unnecessary as all of you are here helping each other out and all I had to do was sign up to be a part! Duh...call me slow if you want! ;) Anyways here's what happened...Friday before last I went to OCC to have my second fill and at the time I thought it seemed a little tight, but I wasn't smart enough to go back to the clinic to have another adjustment before going home. When I got home Saturday things went downhill and I was forced to throw up my lunch (literally!) and from that time I couldn't take in any food or liquids. NOT COOL! Food I can deal without for a while, but anyone who knows me knows that I am a water fiend and not being able to drink any of the sweet nectar of the gods for three days was miserable! :(( So on Tuesday I got in to see a Fill Centers USA doctor here in SLC and had an unfill back to 1.8 cc which was the level of my first fill just to be safe. The good thing about this whole ordeal was that I finally broke my plateau of 52 lbs down and am now down 66 and it was a heck of a learning experience! As I was saying earlier though - I had to go through it basically all alone because I hadn't made any relationships with any fellow bandsters - a mistake I am looking to remedy now. :D I hope to talk to all of you over the next little while and make some new friends as we go through this lapband journey together.

So thank you all for reading my loooong post (sorry about that!) - and I hope you all have a great weekend. Much love, G :wub:

Hi G,

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal, but impressed at your weight loss. I've had no restriction at 2cc's and I am going for a 2nd fill on the 7th. You started at 1.8cc's, before you had your second fill...How much did the doctor put in your band that put you over the top so to speak? I'm afraid of being overfilled and wasn't sure how much to request. Thank you for any help and I hope you are feeling better!

Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing awesome. I am glad you joined the forum. This is a wonderful forum and it is so nice to be able to ask questions and have ALOT of support. I wish you the best. I'm glad you went back for an unfill and that things are going ok. Hang in there.

Hi G:

First of all... :lb9:

Congrats on your super weight loss thus far. What an inspiration.

I had the same thing happen to me with my 2nd fill...almost exactly as you described yours. I went to the OCC, had the fill on Friday, wondered on Saturday if I should go back but could drink water a little so came home to Portland. By Tuesday I wasn't keeping ANYTHING down, went to a fill center 50 miles away and got unfilled. I was scared and boy was it mserable. I did lost some good weight then buth gained it back in 2 days as soon as I started eating again.

Anyway Welcome and this is where to come for support.

Hi G:

First of all... :lb9:

Congrats on your super weight loss thus far. What an inspiration.

I had the same thing happen to me with my 2nd fill...almost exactly as you described yours. I went to the OCC, had the fill on Friday, wondered on Saturday if I should go back but could drink water a little so came home to Portland. By Tuesday I wasn't keeping ANYTHING down, went to a fill center 50 miles away and got unfilled. I was scared and boy was it mserable. I did lost some good weight then buth gained it back in 2 days as soon as I started eating again.

Anyway Welcome and this is where to come for support.

Thanks for sharing as we all are here for each other. This is our home away from home.

Come back daily for praise and a swat on the butt when needed. Welcome.

Hello there G!

I'm a Utah girl too (been here 4 years) from So Cal, but I'm happy to be living in this great state. My husband and I love the outdoors and mountains and raising two boys here is soooo much easier than trying to do so in So Cal. Where are you in Utah? I'm in Draper. You can PM me if you'd like to talk more and exchange numbers. There are 4 of us here from Utah who post regularly. They're from Riverton, Park City, Layton and me from Draper. Did you have a good experience with the Fill Center USA doctor? Some on here haven't been so lucky if it's the same one. I'm planning on seeing Dr. Cottam in SLC for my fills. He's with Surgical Weight Loss Center of Utah. He comes pretty highly rec'd. We'll see. I was recently banded on 10/10/08. You must be so proud of your progress so far!! How great!!

I'm in email contact with a couple of girls who were banded on the same day at the OCC and we were all talking about those going it alone. I'm so glad you chose to come out and post. Welcome!!

Talk soon!

WOW!! Thank you all for all of your warm welcomes - I really appreciate you all. :D

I think to answer some of the questions - my fill was from 1.8 to 2.6 cc and I'm now back down to 1.8 so I can once again eat pretty much anything I want which was why I went to get my fill anyways, but oh well...also I'm so used to not eating now that it seems like a bother and I actually have to force myself to eat my meals...weird but true - I guess you can get used to anything! I was able to lose 66 lbs mainly because I really watch what I eat and try to be healthy most of the time and I go to the gym 3-4 days a week (usually :huh: ). I got this surgery to lose weight and realize the band is only a tool - so I am trying my best to take responsibility for my actions.

Thanks again for all the support - I'm really feelin' the love! :wub: G