Embarrassing yet oddly cool NSV

The strangest thing happened today. After my workout hubby and I decided to run some errands. After battling through crowds at Costco we decided to stop at a restaurant and have some lunch on the way home. I had a grilled chicken breast. YUM!

When we finished I left hubby to pay and went to investigate a tanning salon across the road that I had never noticed before. On my way out the door I got hit on! I was so shocked that all I could do was turn about 20 shades of red, smile, nod and keep on moving. As I'm walking on the guy called after me and asked me for my number anyway. Now, I've been with hubby for 14 years and will continue to be so no matter how you look at it, it was a non-starter. Add to that, back in the day that approach, generally speaking, didn't work but this guy was younger and maybe that's how it's done now? Who knows?

At any rate, it was very embarrassing and yet very cool in a really unsettling way. I thought those days were long since past!

Jann

That is so great!! Even if you are married i'm sure it feels fantastic to get attention from others and show your partner just how lucky they are! :D

Aw, thanks EVERYONE! Well, I would have blushed anyway because I'm not used to the attention. I've holed up in my office for the past ten or so years being a workaholic avoiding most people outside of my friends, family and work. I would totally commit to social events and then cancel last minute. It was pretty much guaranteed and people knew and expected that.

Yes, he was younger! I put him in his early to mid 30's, casually dressed, good shoes and as I was passing he was fidgeting with his phone. He said something like "There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn't have your number in it" I could have some of those words mixed up. I was so shocked I awkwardly nodded, turned crimson and picked up the pace. hehe. I guess he thought I didn't hear him 'cause he directly asked for the number as I was bolting.

To answer everybody else, after I got over the shock and into the car by myself (hubby wasn't back yet) my secret self had a wicked smile from ear to ear, absolutely! It was a really good feeling after the fact. In fact it was a rush!

My husband would be horrified if he knew! OMG, there are so many changes in our lives with this WL, healthy eating, exercising, etc., that he's in sensory overload as it is. It's a very different life now in such a short amount of time. He's used to me always being home devoid of make-up, in my track suit avoiding all things social. Now, I wear make-up all the time, I love shopping and discovering new fashion and trends and I love being out of the house. It's a lot for him to take in and I always invite him to whatever it is I'm doing. I'm not looking to change my relationship with him just change the way we live in it. hehe. That is also a process. I have to accept that he has to want the change and not force it on him. It's a time game for sure.

WL isn't just about physically losing weight. There's a ton of psychological and social aspects that pile in and need to be dealt with as well. People do treat you differently, without a doubt. I have noticed people look me right in the eye now, they are definitely more courteous, men open doors at malls and try to catch my eye, etc., I've been bumped from second class citizen to first class citizen without a doubt. (Does that make sense? Not first class as in superior just first class as in part of the group) I'm not invisible anymore. More importantly than any of that, people appear like they are actually paying attention to what I'm saying and somehow I've gained more credibility even though I haven't changed anything in what I say. It supports that fat is the last socially acceptable 'ism and that fat prejudice is alive and well unfortunately.

Also, I was invited to be a key-note speaker at an important conference last Friday and I didn't decline! I'm actually going to do it. I'm going to get up in front of about 200 people and give a speech. OMG! Who would have thought? Part of me is scared stupid, part of me is secure because I know from what I speak and the last part of me is wondering what I'll wear!

Go figure!

Jann

Oh Jann, you crack me up!! :lol: It's so great that you are going through all these changes and getting comfortable in your new life as you go along! I can't wait for the day that I finally get to that point,..... I took the short bus to school! :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work and keep on grinning! ;) Darlene