soup

navygirl

Hi Navygirl...once you have been on 7 days of clear liquids...on day 8 you can have creamy soup...hope all is going well.

If you are hungry have some broth, a popcicle, liquid yogurt whenever you need it, no counting calories while you are healing during the 21 day post-op period.

Good Luck!

Hi Kim! Cograts and welcome to Bandland! HOO RAH!!

You should follow your dr's diet plan. If you had your surgery at OCC, you are on 'clear liquids' for the first 7 days, and you count your surgery day as day 1. Starting day 4 you are have those yummy drinkable yogurt smoothies. I have the strawberry bananna for the potassium I needed to prevent dizziness or lack of.

Starting day 8 thru day 21 you are on the 'creamy soup' stage and then starting day 22, you are on solids!

Congrats again and keep us posted on how your are doing on your weight journey! G'luck!!

Congrats on your band!

When I was in my creamy soups stage, I used the College Inn Bold Stocks (Sirloin, Roasted Chicken, Wine and Herbs) to mix them instead of water (or skim milk). It kicked up the protein, and made the soups really flavorful. After having soups day-in-day-out, I was looking for anything to vary up the taste. :P Those "bold" stocks really helped.

Oh, and someone here recommended a dash of taco sauce (not salsa) in cheddar cheese soup. Holy cow - that was yummy, too.

Anyhow, best of luck on your journey as you move on to soups! Soft foods around the corner!!