Having Surgery this Friday

Hi Karen

If you feel half as good as I did you should be able to wrok 1/2 day on Monday. I was walking around & shopping in downtown Tiajuana the day after my surgery. Good Luck to you. Everything wil lgo great. Dr. Ortiz & Martinez are two of the most caring and experienced Lap Band surgeons in the country!

Hi,

I haven't been banded yet, but I went with my daughter when she was. She was able to travel back to Las Vegas the day after surgery, and did great, but I think you might need a day or two to recuperate from the combination of the surgery and the trip to the east coast. You might want to skip work on Monday, rest up, and go back on Tuesday. Just my opinion....but if you are young, the trip might not knock you out like it does me.

Karen,

I'm so excited and happy for you! My surgery is scheduled Dec. 21st and I can't wait! I'm fortunate enough to be off work for the 2 weeks around Christmas (work for the school district), but I understand that most people are fine going back to work. My sister had hers done last summer and her only problem was being a 911 dispatch operator did not allow her to get up from her chair often and it sometimes became uncomfortable (but not painful). When you can...walk, walk, walk. :D

Best wishes to you and God bless.

Darcey

Karen,

I had my surgery December 1 by Dr. Ortiz. I was scared to death so I understand. Everything went so well that I couldn't believe it. I stayed an extra day and then came home on Saturday. I am in Ohio so I had about a 7 hour trip home and I was fine. I got up as often as I could to walk around. I think looking back I would have come home the next day because it is hard to get the things you need to have unless you take broth, juice and water that you will need. The hotel did have some jello and did get me broth one day. After we left there and went to a hotel close to the airport it didn't have a restaurant so we walked about a mile to a Target and found some Knorr's boullion and sugar free jello. On the plane I got some cranberry apple juice that really upset my stomach. I should have added half water. You will be suprised at how well you feel the day after surgery but you still should take it easy. That is just my experience and everyone is different. Good luck. You will do great. lol. That is what everyone told me before I left and I did and I am 57.

Debby

i had my surgery on dec 8 & i felt and still feel great. i have already lost 8 lbs.

i couldn't have been happier with my experience and all of the staff.

can't wait to get a fill so i can see everybody again

i think you could work 1/2 a day if you must, but do take care of yourself.

good luck to you and don't worry about a thing.

carolyn gonzales

293/285

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Karen!

How did everything go for your surgery? Hope it went well and you were able to get back to work ASAP like you wanted. I work at a desk job too.

I have my surg. on Jan 20th. Dr.Ortiz is my choice too. Can't wait!

Julie

Tampa Bay, Florida

(Dunedin to be exact)