October 17th only 4 days left

:unsure: well i have less than a week left now - 4 days to be exact..I have been on almost all liquids since sunday --ate a few bites of chicken grilled by me on my salad today having a minimum of 2 optima slim fast chocolate shakes each day - and guzzling water water and more water ---Am I nervous HELL YEAH! I leave Monday for San Diego - surgery Tuesday - my friend Jaime will accompany me- B) okay I need that list that was going around of things to take with me ------HELP does anyone want to advise of what to take with me? I know slip on shoes was mentioned and comfy clothes - I got liquid tylenol and some titralac it is a antacid that are very small pills used to use them when I was pregnant.. comfy lounge around the house clothes are already waiting for my arrival back - thank goodness for clearance at WALMART lol .... I will take my camera with me so I can add to the pictures that have been provided by I believe Sandy ....

Cyndi, first of all, congratulations. You will be so happy you did this. But I know that nervous feeling a few days before. Don't worry, it will be fine...and fun.

I would also recommend that you bring a good book or magazine. You end up spending some time in the waiting room, waiting for you turn for pre-op stuff. There are some magazines, but I brought a book.

I also would bring an exercise bra, if I had it to do over again. One of the incisions was right under my bra when I was sitting (the whole plane ride home). It rubbed a little, nothing terrible, but I ended up putting a bandaid over it, and wished I had brought an exercise bra.

Also, it seems obvious, but bring cash, for things like bottled water, tips, taxi's and other such junk. The slip on shoes were very helpful on the way home. I also brought the single's of Crystal light. It helped make all the water I had a little better.

Good luck,

Becki

Hello Cyndi!

I was attending the opening for the Pantages Theater up here in Tacoma which just got done with a major remodel in which my company acted as general contracter (which meant free tickets, yeay!!!). I sat next to a lady who asked if I had tried the hor d'ourves in the lobby and I told her I could not as I had just had stomach surgery last week and was on a strict liquid diet. I told her about the lap-band and she said her friend would be going in for the same procedure in Mexico and then . . . . . . . . . SHE DROPPED YOUR NAME!! I couldn't believe how small the world suddenly got. I guess it goes to show that when you have a doctor who has done as many procedures as Dr Ortiz you are never far from a fellow patient. Good luck with your surgery next week!

-Corey

:unsure: well i have less than a week left now - 4 days to be exact..I have been on almost all liquids since sunday --ate a few bites of chicken grilled by me on my salad today having a minimum of 2 optima slim fast chocolate shakes each day - and guzzling water water and more water ---Am I nervous HELL YEAH! I leave Monday for San Diego - surgery Tuesday - my friend Jaime will accompany me- B) okay I need that list that was going around of things to take with me ------HELP does anyone want to advise of what to take with me? I know slip on shoes was mentioned and comfy clothes - I got liquid tylenol and some titralac it is a antacid that are very small pills used to use them when I was pregnant.. comfy lounge around the house clothes are already waiting for my arrival back - thank goodness for clearance at WALMART lol .... I will take my camera with me so I can add to the pictures that have been provided by I believe Sandy ....

HEY CYNDI, CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK! BRING COMFY CLOTHING

I HAD MY BAND ON OCT 2ND AND YOU'LL DO GREAT! SHERRY N FL

Hello Cyndi!

I was attending the opening for the Pantages Theater up here in Tacoma which just got done with a major remodel in which my company acted as general contracter (which meant free tickets, yeay!!!). I sat next to a lady who asked if I had tried the hor d'ourves in the lobby and I told her I could not as I had just had stomach surgery last week and was on a strict liquid diet. I told her about the lap-band and she said her friend would be going in for the same procedure in Mexico and then . . . . . . . . . SHE DROPPED YOUR NAME!! I couldn't believe how small the world suddenly got. I guess it goes to show that when you have a doctor who has done as many procedures as Dr Ortiz you are never far from a fellow patient. Good luck with your surgery next week!

-Corey

I am not sure who that might have been- not to many people know I am having the surgery? but hey who knows who my husband has told......I am still very nervous I have been biting my husbsnds head off poor guy - I even snapped at a lady at the store the other day - and then had to apologize like crazy---LOL - thnak you all for the well wishes - Kevin I will see you in TIJUANA .... :blink::blink:

Cyndi and CalKev,

Best of luck. I was banded July 27th and am very happy with my decision.

I have a suggestion. When you get to the hotel on Monday, go to the grocery store down the street and pick up some water and some gatorade and crystal light. That way when you get back to the hotel after your surgery, all you have to do is throw them on ice and you are good to go. That was really helpful for me.

There is wifi in the hotel I'm pretty sure. So if you have a laptop with a wireless card you can update us on your progress. There is wifi at the clinic too!

Best if luck to both of you.

Michele :)

Cyndi and CalKev,

Best of luck. I was banded July 27th and am very happy with my decision.

I have a suggestion. When you get to the hotel on Monday, go to the grocery store down the street and pick up some water and some gatorade and crystal light. That way when you get back to the hotel after your surgery, all you have to do is throw them on ice and you are good to go. That was really helpful for me.

There is wifi in the hotel I'm pretty sure. So if you have a laptop with a wireless card you can update us on your progress. There is wifi at the clinic too!

Best if luck to both of you.

Michele :)

Michelle, Thank you . Just waiting for my ride down a couple hours to Chula Vista for pick-up. Thanks foir the advice will do. Have some packed...wasn't sure how easy to get.

Will report on return.. Jitters have set in....... had to drink some piedialite works great and no sugar.as I was seeing stars being 30 pounds down and on liquid for over a month.

On the Band wagon.... bad pun. Kevin