Losing inches vs weight

It is the strangest thing. Hubby and I had our fills about 3 weeks ago and we find now that we have no restriction. I am not real happy about that, but you all said that the first fill not to expect much. I only got 1.6 CC's so I think the next one will be better. The one thing that is weird is I feel inches coming off. I look at my stomach and it is not as big as it was. It appears that my waist has changed. I measured and it has changed. That is so weird. I have lost about 6 pounds since my fill. But it seems to come on and then back on. Right now it is off. I suspect my cycle will come and it will be back in water weight. Hubby says he is experiencing the same thing. Inches vs pounds. I can tell on him because his pants fit differently. But he says that he hasn't lost anything. I think it is kinda interesting to see how all this works. I know we still have a long way to go when it comes to our eating habits. Old ways seem to creep back in. But I think the next fill is really going to help. Anyone here on their second fill? How was that different from the first? I am nervous about it. I still need to remind myself to CHEW CHEW CHEW. I dread the day I get something stuck. I am going to cry. HA!

Guest CaraMBA09
It is the strangest thing. Hubby and I had our fills about 3 weeks ago and we find now that we have no restriction. I am not real happy about that, but you all said that the first fill not to expect much. I only got 1.6 CC's so I think the next one will be better. The one thing that is weird is I feel inches coming off. I look at my stomach and it is not as big as it was. It appears that my waist has changed. I measured and it has changed. That is so weird. I have lost about 6 pounds since my fill. But it seems to come on and then back on. Right now it is off. I suspect my cycle will come and it will be back in water weight. Hubby says he is experiencing the same thing. Inches vs pounds. I can tell on him because his pants fit differently. But he says that he hasn't lost anything. I think it is kinda interesting to see how all this works. I know we still have a long way to go when it comes to our eating habits. Old ways seem to creep back in. But I think the next fill is really going to help. Anyone here on their second fill? How was that different from the first? I am nervous about it. I still need to remind myself to CHEW CHEW CHEW. I dread the day I get something stuck. I am going to cry. HA!

I am right there with ya' doll. I have not weighed myself in 3 weeks, yet I can feel the inches in my tummy (losing the muffin over my jeans) and in my butt going away. Go get that second fill! I have noticed a huge difference from the first fill to second fill. I am definately eating LESS and definately much more MINDFUL of what I am putting in my mouth.

Keep us posted when you get the second fill and YES, I would recommend doing it under fluoro so you can be sure you have a good restriction!

oodles, C

Cara is right, schedule for your next fill and get that going.

I had my fill yesterday and had a 1cc fill for ME and it was perfect. Not everyone is the same.

BUT, your weight would fluctuate for several reasons: your monthly, plateau, change in exercises, stress level and so on. Everything is accountable. The main thing to remember is to stay focus with the guideline and choose your food wisely and appropriately. Be strict with yourself.

Also, don't let that darn scale get to ya! I didn't weigh myself over over 30 days, and in that time, I've discovered I lost 2 pants size and I now can wear my jeans!!! Talk about being surprised! I knew I was losing inches vs pounds, due to my own life's everyday struggles. But, in the end, oh I LOVED to see the number go down yesterday! So, put up the scale and go 'blindly' and listen to your body. If your gut feeling says 'Uh-oh!'...then do some kind of an exercise to 'discard' it.

Make sure of your daily protein intake and your drinking your water too.

At least you didn't gain!!! WTG guys!

Stormy,

When I started with the band, it was amazing the amount of inches that I lost vs the pounds on the scale. The inches came off so much faster, when I started to focus on the pounds, I got discouraged...that was dumb on my part because I was not feeling gratful for the inches lost but felt terrible that the pounds didn't come off. Of course that got me off my program!

I have been gaining 5 pounds (but many more inches) over the last three months and will be going for a fill in a couple of weeks. I just posted a topic from a doctor about fills, it is good and light hearted but informative, if you get a chance, read it. It has helped to put me back on track mentally.

Let's keep at the process of using our bands, we all have slips (and I'm not just talking about the ice cream that goes right through) and if we keep working it...it will work for us. We are the boss over our bands!!!

Good luck to you and your husband, I love it that you guys got banded together!!! Barb