What's for dinner tonight?

Since being banded I really like chicken wing drumlets and I'm having them tonight. I make a teriyaki sauce, soak them for about 2 hours and bake until done (they make me feel like a normal eater since I can hold the drumlet in my hands and eat the whole thing) add in small veggie stir fry to nibble on and I’m good to go.

Rice is solely dependant on the mood of my band. I always make it but sometimes I can eat it – sometimes I can’t.

You are doing awesome with your weight loss - congrats - the popcorn diet is working!!

Well, mine isn't too interesting, but I figured i'd chime in anyway! I haven't had a fill yet, so I'm just doing weight watchers/lean cuisine meals so I can keep a hold of my portions. Understanding the bandster hell and being able to eat as much or as fast as I want, so I need whatever I can to manage that until I can get a fill. Tonight for me was the WW 3 cheese ziti and a small can of corn. I wish I would have gotten some more protein in, but I didn't.

I still do the weight watcher or lean cuisine dinners, (portion control) tonight is creamy rigatoni with broccoli and chicken/ 290 calories and20 grams of protein. I had a little bit of green beans and mushrooms. this is my favorite. I like the 3 cheese ziti too.

I will have a glass of white zinfadel for dessert (big Gulp size :P:P ) of course i will wait an hour to drink it.

Since being banded I really like chicken wing drumlets and I'm having them tonight. I make a teriyaki sauce, soak them for about 2 hours and bake until done (they make me feel like a normal eater since I can hold the drumlet in my hands and eat the whole thing) add in small veggie stir fry to nibble on and I’m good to go.

Rice is solely dependant on the mood of my band. I always make it but sometimes I can eat it – sometimes I can’t.

You are doing awesome with your weight loss - congrats - the popcorn diet is working!!

Thanks Lisa, the last couple of months have been pretty slow but still losing, I haven't had another fill because I still have pb troubles and I just don't like that very much.

For some reason I have a hard time with wing drumlets. They used to be my fave part of the wing but now I can only eat the wing part, funny how we are all different.

My popcorn diet worked well tonight as my 3 year old was the keeper of the popcorn and while he let his 5year old brother have as much as he wanted I had to snatch a few bites only to have him yell 'stop eating my popcorn Mom' as loud as he could during the movie. Try that one for portion control - ha.

Lets keep it going...how about tomorrow night?

It's waaay past dinner time but I just logged on.. I ate a can of progresso clam chowder. It was delish! I added some soy milk and pureed it a little only because the giant potatoes can give me problems (i don't usually /or need to/ puree my food) I needed something quick and I don't eat that many carbs so a can of clam chowder really hit the spot for me tonight!

Hey Nicole,

I have my two little Yorkies lying on my feet as I type, I read your post and cracked up. (I told them that you ate half a yorkie and they just looked at me strange)

And I'm up for tonight - I am on vaca this week and staying home so my goal was to clean house and do some cooking. I've been traveling a lot for work lately and I just want to veg.

Best,

Lisa

Hi

I ha roast beef with all the works.

Well thats what I cooked for the family.

I actually ate some roast beef broccoli and 1/2 a yorkie.

I usually have the same as my family BUT LESS.

Me too Nicole. When I started the lap band process I was adamant that I was doing it because I didn't want to be on a diet for the rest of my life and so I almost always eat the same food as I make for the family. Like you I just eat less, I try to eat 1/2 or 1/3 of what I ate before. Haven't decided what to make for dinner tonight yet. I work today so it will probably be something quick and easy.

Okay so just got off work and now time to make dinner. I'm going to do my lighter version of nachos. Ground turkey cooked with taco seasoning, multi grain tortilla chips and 2 percent cheese melted till it is all ooey gooey. It is getting cold here now and we all feel like comfort food so hopefully this will do the trick. I don't find I can eat very many tortilla chips with my band but I feel very satisfied after having half or so of an appetizer plate worth.

I really like this thread. I love to see what people are eating :)

tonight I had about 1/2 cup of chili .. then about 1/2 hour - 1hour later I had about 7-10 french onion wheat thins and dipped a couple of them in some spinach dip someone had a work.

tonight at home I was in 'snacky snack" mode so I ate about 20 almonds. I also ate 4 little chocolate "bells" at work tonight.

Today / tonight was definitely a "I wanna eat & I can!" night.

I really like this thread. I love to see what people are eating :)

tonight I had about 1/2 cup of chili .. then about 1/2 hour - 1hour later I had about 7-10 french onion wheat thins and dipped a couple of them in some spinach dip someone had a work.

tonight at home I was in 'snacky snack" mode so I ate about 20 almonds. I also ate 4 little chocolate "bells" at work tonight.

Today / tonight was definitely a "I wanna eat & I can!" night.

Sounds good to me mlgpdx. Last time my weight was stuck I ate a handful of almonds every day for a week and lost 2 pounds the next week. Maybe a coincidence but I think I wasn't getting enough protein and my body was hanging on to what it had.

Since I worked again today I put a big pot of soup in the crock pot this morning. Nordic potato, I try not to eat a lot of soup as it can slip through our band and cause us to overeat but as long as I feel comfortable with portion control and sticking to my portion and not doing seconds, I reckon it is ok. This time of year I crave a good winter soup.

Glad to hear you like the post. I love to hear what people are eating too.

Hey Nicole,

I have my two little Yorkies lying on my feet as I type, I read your post and cracked up. (I told them that you ate half a yorkie and they just looked at me strange)

And I'm up for tonight - I am on vaca this week and staying home so my goal was to clean house and do some cooking. I've been traveling a lot for work lately and I just want to veg.

Best,

Lisa

Lisa,

I have two small Yorkie's also. Aren't they the greatest dogs ever!!!!!!!!!!! And they go best in pairs. Elvis and Cricket bring me so much joy every day.

Kimberly

Hey Kimberly!

They are the greatest! Mine are Ringo and Brutus, and they make me laugh every day! They do go great in pairs, but boy are they work! We love them dearly - but thank goodness for whoever invented the spotbot!

Love them and they're trying so hard to get me to come to bed!

Night!

Lisa

I have a Yorkie too. Her name is Bayley! Love, love, love Yorkies!

Love the idea of keeping this up! I say every time we get a chance post what you ate - this can keep everyone accountable and also give others food ideas. I know I tend to eat the same things over and over so i'd appreciate ideas.

Yesterday was odd for me since it was Thanksgiving, but here is what I had:

B: whole grain english muffin w/ I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and a bit of sugar free jelly

L: about 2oz turkey and a small scoop of green bean casserole, cheesy potato casserole and a roll

S: A few FF pringles w/ dip and some wine! and A 1pt brownie my cousin made from weight watchers

D: A turkey hot dog w/ mustard and a few more chips

I can't believe all the yorkies we have on the board here. I have cats no yorkies, but my brother had 2 of them. Victoria was the tiniest doggie I have ever seen and she lived to be 17. She was my brothers but the entire family loved her dearly. It was horrible when she died.

Well, all I ate so far today was one of those little tuna fish salad with crackers kits. Gonna have to go have leftovers as soon as the hubby gets home.

To say I am having a bad day would be an understatement :( I am struggling to not use food to comfort me.

so far today

protein shake

tall americano

3 crackers

6 mini reese p'nut b utter cups

6oz of turkey that I shoved down my throat so fast I threw up 2 minutes later and now feel like crap with a big old lump in my throat.

to be continued.... :(

bump

can we bring this back up!? I love this thread.. I like reading what people are having for their evening meals.. Or what they've had so far throughout the day.. it really helps me keep my own eating in check/perspective AND it give me ideas on food.

it's only 9am so I haven't eaten anything yet.. except my cup of coffee!

So far today I had coffee a small orange juice and a scrambled egg. I can't believe how tight I feel these past 3 days. It really has me in a quandry over my tuesday fill appointment. I hate to not get one because I'll have to wait 6 weeks to get back in if I need one. I've already waited long enough. But then I am afraid I'll be too tight. Maybe I'll just get like .2 cc's or something. I'll see what the doctor says.

Here is mine so far and what I think i'll have for dinner. Today was another odd day - had #3 of my Thanksgiving meals. I'm turkeyed out now!

B: Eggbeaters and a piece of canadian bacon

L: Turkey (maybe 1-2 oz) 1 bite of stuffing, green beans, corn, a small scoop of potatoes, and a small roll

S: Small scoop of vanilla ice cream

D: Not sure yet, but my guess is i'll make a WW frozen meal. I don't think i'll be too hungry so maybe the quesidillias.

I agree let's keep this going! I really enjoy seeing what everyone else is having. I need the ideas!

For breakfast I had Starbucks add my protein shake into my Starbucks double shot.

Lunch, ¼ chicken breast, slow cooked in broth and wine to keep it moist and a small Ceaser salad. (I cooked the chicken last night for my families dinner then fridged it in broth to keep it moist).

I’m slow cooking a roast in red wine and beef broth, so tonight’s dinner will be simple – I’ll just throw in the veggies last minute and I’m good to go!

I was on the stationary bike for 25 minutes then did 25 minutes of weights.

I leave for Hawaii in 39 days so the countdown is on to get bikini ready! So I need this to keep me motivated!

I had a yogurt for breakfast then two poached eggs with a few hash browns for lunch (I rarely eat eggs so I feel no guilt over having two) and for dinner I had a small caesar salad and 2-3 ounces of steak (cut up into very, very tiny pieces). It was a good day, I ate everything very slowly and chewed well and didn't have any pb problems. I eat a little richer on the weekends than during the week but it was all very yummy.

I have a bunch of stress right now so I am tighter than normal..

my day

B: coffee / protein shake

L: protein shake / liquid vitamins

snack: 3 cashews

D: 1/2cup thai soup... chicken broth w/ ground chicken, carrots, and rice

I really like to eat more than this and normally I do.. but I am under some stress and the band is tightening up!