Violence is everywhere

I woke up this morning grab the paper to read with my latte and on the front page was an article about Gang shootings in Seattle. Three people were killed and eight wounded in five episodes, including one at the mall.

There’s been a lot of discussion about the problems of violence in Tijuana, but the truth is it is everywhere. I’m not going to stop going to the Mall or out in Seattle, but I’m just going to be extra careful and aware of my surroundings. That’s what we have to do everywhere these days, if I'm shopping in downtown Seattle or going to Tijuana for a procedure, I'm not going to wear my good jewelry, I will bring small sums of money, not flash it and just be aware and go where its recommended.

Best,

Lisa

Exactly...it's sad, really, when you want to enjoy your day and you start to read the violence in your own hometown. Like Lisa says, I am not going to stop going places because of it. Just be prepared and be alert, no matter where you go and I don't create a 'center of attention' in unfamiliar places. Don't put yourself in a position you can't get yourself out of.

I have to agree, ANYTHING can happen ANYWHERE we just have to deal with it. We can't let it affect the way we live. I live in Fort Worth Texas, We have some pretty bad neighborhoods over here, We dont let it effect the way we live. As a matter of fact, about a month ago, me and my fiance went to his cousins house to hang out, now remind you we're in northside, known for ALOT of gang Violence and Drug Dealers... As we walked in the house and sat down on the couch, we heard about 5 gun shots... We didnt know but the next day we would be visiting his cousin in the hospital... It was a drive by shooting, (at the wrong house) He got shot in the foot ( lost two toes) was hit in the shoulder and thigh... yes places around here are dangerous but it doesnt stop us....