Thanksgiving success

How incredible it was to sit down to a wonderful dinner and not eat myself to sickness. I can't believe how great I feel. Not only was I able to say no, but I really had no desire to overeat. I had one plate and on each corner was a little bit of my little meals. Each from each food group. It was wonderful. I know now that when I get my fill and get more restriction that I am even going to be better. This was the best Thanksgiving I have ever had. I never realized what I was doing to my body. The band is so wonderful. Even my husband said that he liked the way he ate and was satisfied without making a pig of himself. I was happy to watch my son pig out. He was happy as a clam, it was cute. I just had to take a moment and speak out for this wonderful day and the wonderful things that the band is doing for our lives. I hope you too are having a great day. Take care.

Hey Stormy, Happy Thanksgiving.

Glad your band is working well for you and Charlie.

Only good things to come :D:D:D

How incredible it was to sit down to a wonderful dinner and not eat myself to sickness. I can't believe how great I feel. Not only was I able to say no, but I really had no desire to overeat. I had one plate and on each corner was a little bit of my little meals. Each from each food group. It was wonderful. I know now that when I get my fill and get more restriction that I am even going to be better. This was the best Thanksgiving I have ever had. I never realized what I was doing to my body. The band is so wonderful. Even my husband said that he liked the way he ate and was satisfied without making a pig of himself. I was happy to watch my son pig out. He was happy as a clam, it was cute. I just had to take a moment and speak out for this wonderful day and the wonderful things that the band is doing for our lives. I hope you too are having a great day. Take care.

Congratulations on doing so well on this holiday. I am having my surgery on Dec. 15th, I will be challenged by Christmas.

Yaaa Stormy, isn't it a great feeling to have that control!!

Congrats on doing so well, your first Thanksgiving and my third. Its funny I don't even think I eat different now till I look at everyone else’s plates, it kind of grosses me out to see how much everyone actually eats. I always mound it up in my head and imagine that size of food it my stomach. YUCK!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa

It sure is nice to have a great meal and be able to fit it onto a dessert plate! I actually tasted everything and savored the flavors (especially the turkey)! I still took a post-turkey nap--but that was mainly from being up and cooking for hours and cleaning the kitchen!

Donna

You have such a great attitude Stormy, I envy you. I was depressed because I couldn't eat all I wanted to and here you are happy you couldn't! VERY GOOD FOR YOU!

But ok, to clarify....yes, I was depressed that I couldn't have my favorite foods, especially that world famous stuffing. I took a very small salad plate and only took a little bit of each thing. ANd ya know what happened? I didn't even care! I was bumming out ahead of time, but when it got right down to it, I was just fine and didn't even eat but 3 or 4 bites and I was totally fine. And then, like Lisa said, I watched everyone else pile up their plates and I was horrified to realize that is how I used to eat too!

So, all in all the day started out emotional, but ended up fantastic!

Yesterday was great! We always have tons of snacks lined up before dinner and I only let myself have a few things. Then, at dinner my plate had a decent amount of food on it, but just a bit of a few things. By the time I had chewed good, everyone else was going for seconds and I had only finished like 1/3 of my plate. None of them know so I just told them i'm trying to eat more slowly and mindfully and they were all fine with that. I didn't even finish everything on my plate b/c as slow as I ate I got full pretty quick. I have cousins doing WW and they brought some 1pt brownies and I had one small one then had some wine! I felt so great and didn't even feel deprived at all, which was really good b/c I haven't had a fill yet. Although my stomach has shrunk a ton I can tell which helped a lot since I have no restriction.

Congrats to everyone on a successful Turkey day! If you splurged a bit too much, today is another day!!