seventh day post-op

Firecracker

Today is the last day of just clear liquids Yeah!!The vitamin water and fiber packets that you add to your water have been a life saver. I also have enjoyed the yogurt smoothies. I am one of the smaller gals here and I have heard mixed reviews from people as to why we would want this surgery. I am doing this to help me maintain when I get to my goal. I can always lose but cannot keep it off. I am excited about my new tool. My weight the day before surgery was 166 and this morning I am 156, at the start I was 175, so I am down 21 pounds!!!Cannot beleive it. Been doing better on my water intake and that has helped with the dizziness. Tomorrow is creamy soups, which one to have first, hmm? They all sound fabulous. My feet and fingers are shrinking as well as my boobs! Might have to put the water inserts back in until I can get a new bra. My mom is now thinking about doing this surgery as well. Just an update in case anyone was interested. Saba how are you doing?

I started bigger than you, but I had a lot of folks asking me why I was having it done asking if I was big enough. Don't let it phase you - you have to do it for you! I me the criteria and after struggling all my life it is the best thing that has ever happened to me! No matter how much you have to lose it is still very hard.

Oh and I must agree with Cindy - the tomato bisque is the BEST!!!!!!!!

Today is the last day of just clear liquids Yeah!!The vitamin water and fiber packets that you add to your water have been a life saver. I also have enjoyed the yogurt smoothies. I am one of the smaller gals here and I have heard mixed reviews from people as to why we would want this surgery. I am doing this to help me maintain when I get to my goal. I can always lose but cannot keep it off. I am excited about my new tool. My weight the day before surgery was 166 and this morning I am 156, at the start I was 175, so I am down 21 pounds!!!Cannot beleive it. Been doing better on my water intake and that has helped with the dizziness. Tomorrow is creamy soups, which one to have first, hmm? They all sound fabulous. My feet and fingers are shrinking as well as my boobs! Might have to put the water inserts back in until I can get a new bra. My mom is now thinking about doing this surgery as well. Just an update in case anyone was interested. Saba how are you doing?

WTG Kim! Congrats and you now graduated to the stage! You will do fine, just remember to get a variety of soups, as not to get too bored with the same soup day in, day out. I did the Cream of Potato and Cheddar Cheese together, which is very good. Did the tomatoe soup, as well, as made my Buffalo Chicken soup (see recipe section). Also, see the other Healthy creamy soups thread for great recipes!

Good luck!!

When I here you and others talk about vitamin water, what exactly is that? Do you have any brand names that could help me?

When I here you and others talk about vitamin water, what exactly is that? Do you have any brand names that could help me?

OH yes, the Special K2O (like Special K cereal) are the ones and they come in a few flavors...I like the Mixed Berry! I add my benefiber powder in it too! It has 5 grams of proteins. You can buy them at Food 4 Less, Target, and most larger Food stores.

The special K water is with the diet foods/shakes area. I bought the little powder packets you add to your bottled water, I like the iced tea. I got it at Fred Meyer. And thanks for the support.

I started bigger than you, but I had a lot of folks asking me why I was having it done asking if I was big enough. Don't let it phase you - you have to do it for you! I me the criteria and after struggling all my life it is the best thing that has ever happened to me! No matter how much you have to lose it is still very hard.

Oh and I must agree with Cindy - the tomato bisque is the BEST!!!!!!!!

Thanks Shelby for your support, I did get a few funny looks from other girls the day we left, but I dealt with it and I am very happy with my decision. B)

Hi Kim. Congragulations on the 21 lbs! I am soo happy about the full liquids too. How much water are you drinking. I still dont think I am drinking enough b/c still dizzy & feel quite weak. Anyway, 2 more wks and on to solids!

I drink at least one of the smaller water bottles, plus one bottle with the protein mix added and one bottle with the fiber mix added. I also can drink about 3 oz of the yogurt smoothies about twice a day. Those have really helped with the light headedness. I am excited to try a few of Jazzy's soup recipes. It's been hard this last week making dinners for the family, OMG I have been making really good food. Last night I made whole wheat spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra cheese and a red sauce with ground turkey, onions, and garlic. Plus I added bread with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. I actually enjoyed making it and my husband and kids said it was amazing! Can't wait to try that in a couple of weeks!! What is your progress? Did you start your rotations yet? Are you still having pain at your large incision? I am. I started adding an antibiotic ointment to it a couple of times a day, and I will soon be adding Mederma to them all.

Hang in there, keep up the water!!Flluids, tea, whatever liquids on the plan to keep you from falling from being to dizzy. Gotta go, going to make soup!!!!!! :lb21:

WTG Kim! Congrats and you now graduated to the stage! You will do fine, just remember to get a variety of soups, as not to get too bored with the same soup day in, day out. I did the Cream of Potato and Cheddar Cheese together, which is very good. Did the tomatoe soup, as well, as made my Buffalo Chicken soup (see recipe section). Also, see the other Healthy creamy soups thread for great recipes!

Good luck!!

Mmmmm the Cream of Potato and Cheddar sounds like a great combination. Did you have to blend it, or was it creamy enough to start out with?

Mmmmm the Cream of Potato and Cheddar sounds like a great combination. Did you have to blend it, or was it creamy enough to start out with?

NO BLENDING during the first 21 days post op! That is the rule. You are progression into solid foods. No, I just mashed it down and if I got a big piece, just chewed it down before swallowing...simple. Here's the recipe I use:

1 can Campbell's Cream of Potato

1/2 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese

1-1/2 can of milk (I used 1%)

Spices is of your choice or none. I use garlic, rosemary and sometimes celery salt.

Just put everything in a pot and heat up. If you use spices, it will taste better the next day! I get my garlic from Garlic Festival, which you can get on their website ~ they have oodles of selections!

REMEMBER, portion control is the key. I didn't take more than 1/2 cup at a time, it's very filling.

Enjoy!

Reading these messages are very refreshing. Many people have look at me and said the exact same thing. While I may not have been as big as others, I still consider my self fairly big. I am 5'7 and I started at 225. The day of the surgery I weighted in at 218. I have always been able to lose a little, but I practically had to kill myself to get under 200. I want to get into a size ten, which will require me to lose about 60 more pounds. It is funny how people look at you and make a decision/judgement on weather you are fat enough. The sad part is, I am so paranoid about it that I have not shared my surgery with anyone other than my husband. SO THANK YOU! I needed to read this. As of today I am around 205 or 206. I am so excited!

Reading these messages are very refreshing. Many people have look at me and said the exact same thing. While I may not have been as big as others, I still consider my self fairly big. I am 5'7 and I started at 225. The day of the surgery I weighted in at 218. I have always been able to lose a little, but I practically had to kill myself to get under 200. I want to get into a size ten, which will require me to lose about 60 more pounds. It is funny how people look at you and make a decision/judgement on weather you are fat enough. The sad part is, I am so paranoid about it that I have not shared my surgery with anyone other than my husband. SO THANK YOU! I needed to read this. As of today I am around 205 or 206. I am so excited!

Completely understand! I was around 210 at my highest and i'm 5'2. Congrats on your loss so far that is great! No matter how much or little we have to lose it's all significant. Without this procedure who knows how high my weight would have gotten. It will be nice to nip it in the bud now.