FEBRUARY SURGERIES AND FILLS

I arrive at 10:30 and I am scheduled to be banded the next day- maybe we will all ride together! I am so excited. We fly in from Oakland, Ca on South West. I will be :rolleyes: Looking for that last bit of support before I go under the knife!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I arrive at 10:30 and I am scheduled to be banded the next day- maybe we will all ride together! I am so excited. We fly in from Oakland, Ca on South West. I will be :rolleyes: Looking for that last bit of support before I go under the knife!!

Sounds fun!!! No worries going under the knife. it is over before you know it. I got a call the night before I left for TJ that I would go into surgery the day I arrived instead of the next day like I was scheduled. So it was REALLY over before I knew it. ;)

hey skinnyagain, i totally sympathize with your pre-op struggles. i've been on this thing for the past 3 weeks, and it does get easier.... the first few days were torture, but eventually your body gets into the rhythm of it. a couple of things really helped me: 1) make sure your protein shake has enough proteing (slim fast/carnation/ensure only have like 12g so switch to a higher protein on like Muscle Milk or EAS Myoplex which have 30+; 2) drink water - especially when you're hungry - and for some reason i find warm water or tea curbs my hunger; 3) take a metamucil pill between meals - the extra fibre will give a sensation of being fulller longer and help regulate you.

also, assuming you're being banded at the OCC, talk to Dr. Miranda if you still feel hungry or are bored with what you're eating. She's great at suggesting alternatives.

Thanks Babe for the advice. I also find that cold water doesn't sit well with me. I have also found a cup of decaf tea sooths he hunger pangs well. To day is day three and I feel alittle light headed, so I think I will head your advice and find a protein shake with some more protein.

Thanks again

Kim

I fly in at 9:55 am. Will you be staying the night? I plan to fly out at 4 pm after the fill. I am a little nervous about that one :huh:

I am flying out the same day also. We may be on the same shuttle back to the airport. I think I depart at 4:10pm. I will look at my itinerary closer and let you know. Anne

when is ur surgery ...mine is the 16th

I am in san jose

Hi, I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while. I'm getting banded February 16th... I'm so excited!!! Is anyone else getting banded that week?

Dr. Miranda already has me on the pre-op diet. I won't lie, it's definitely a challenge. I would kill for some pizza right now!

Hello there,

I just noticed your post today, as I'm a newbie :P .

Not only am I getting banded the same week as you, but I'm also getting banded on Feb 16th, so it seems we'll both be there on the same day.

I started the preop diet a couple of weeks early and was able to lose 8 pounds fairly easily due to carb and sugar reduction.

Now I’m incorporating more liquid into this diet with the protein shakes and seem to be either stagnating, or gaining back one pound here, and losing another there.

I’ve only got 4 more to lose at this point, but I’m concerned about how much water retention, and muscle from exercise will weigh in the end. I don’t want my surgery rescheduled after all of this work.

Hi, I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while. I'm getting banded February 16th... I'm so excited!!! Is anyone else getting banded that week?

Dr. Miranda already has me on the pre-op diet. I won't lie, it's definitely a challenge. I would kill for some pizza right now!

Hi, I am also new,but have been reading what others have wrote. Like you,I am having surgery on Feb. 16th. I have been on a pre-op for the last couple weeks. It's not easy, but I have stuck with it.

Hi, I am also new,but have been reading what others have wrote. Like you,I am having surgery on Feb. 16th. I have been on a pre-op for the last couple weeks. It's not easy, but I have stuck with it.

Hi all,

wow so far i see 3 pple banded on the 16th ....

God bless us all !!

hope things will go just fine

:mellow:

I am getting banded on Feb 12th- My Valentine's Day Present. I can't wait! Anxious to meet anyone else who will be down in Tijuana at the same time!

HI MY NAME IS LAURA AND I WAS SCHEDULED TO BE BANDED ON 2-12-09 BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY SWITCHED MY DATE TO FRIDAY THE 13TH. I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO YOU SO CALL ME LAURA 209-201-2751 PLEASE TEXT ME FIRST.

I LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING TO YOU.

LAURA

Scubadudette (my smokin hot wife :wub: ) and myself will be getting banded on Feb 27. We both have agreed this will be a unique and special journey we are both looking forward to and obviously one more thing we have in common. We are also a little scared and nervous. We both have been reading every topic on this forum, as well as others, hoping to be well informed by our surgery date. After all this exhaustive research, we both are comfortable with our choice of Dr. Ortiz. Now its time to get this show on the road!!! I have a goal of wearing a speedo by summer. LOL. NOT! We will be arriving in San Diego late on the 26th. Anyone else getting banded during that time? Maybe we can all share a cup of broth or something. :D We return home March 1 st.

Hi everyone I am having mine done in less than 24 hours so i should get some sleep in. I am petrified! I am just scared about so much.

I cant believe some of you are up a day after your surgery, i am being kept in for a day and a night or so...

Anyway wish me luck and i wish you all luck too!

♥11th Feb 2009 the start of the new slim me!

Kristy- I leave in the morning for Tijuana! I am scheduled to have my surgery on thursday so I am sure we will meet! I am so excited, nervous, anxious etc. I have never left my baby overnight, and my mom will have all 6 of my kids for 3 days! I thank god for this forum- it is so comforting to feel like you have so many friends on this journey with you! Look for me at the OCC! Amanda

Nobody else having surgery or getting filled on Valentine's Day??? I suppose the rest of y'all have a sweetheart to be with that day. My sweetie is my 14 year old daughter is is going to join me inMexico for the weekend. Let me know if you'll be at the hotel the night of the 13th or morning of the 14th.

SheRee

Kristy- I leave in the morning for Tijuana! I am scheduled to have my surgery on thursday so I am sure we will meet! I am so excited, nervous, anxious etc. I have never left my baby overnight, and my mom will have all 6 of my kids for 3 days! I thank god for this forum- it is so comforting to feel like you have so many friends on this journey with you! Look for me at the OCC! Amanda

Amanda,

Hopefully we'll catch one another in the lobby before you are checked in and whisked to the back. I'll definitely look for you. However, if you are having your surgery early in the AM... I will miss you. I should be at the OCC around noon'ish.

Kristy