Second fill coming

So on the 19th hubby and I get our second fills. We are a bit nervous, since we have been eating pretty much anything we want. Bread seems to be a little painful on the way down but other than that I think we are doing ok. We have adjusted our diets and what I have noticed is I am drinking more water which is what I needed so badly to do but never made the effort. Now I want water all the time. We debate alot about what is for dinner. Before it was just go out and get something. Things have really changed. We talk more about what's important to have at dinner. I think what I am concerned about is, is this going to change. Will we be changing our meals again? What were things that you noticed after the 2nd fill? I am hoping obviously for more weight loss but was the hunger gone? I seem to be hungrier. It has been a lot of will power to really stay on target. I have had a couple sandwhiches where I was concerned about the band, since the bread hurt on the way down. I worry about slipped band. After the second fill, did people have to give up bread completely? Can anyone give me an idea of how long their second fill lasted? We are getting a bit tight on money so I am hoping it will be good for at least a couple months so we can get some more money together for the next fill. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Hey Stormy,

We're all different, but the truth is normally since we're still learning they really try not to make us too tight on the first fill. Your second one, you should expect to not be able to eat bread, (sandwich especially) however you may be able to eat croutons and wheat crackers.

You should be less hungry so better able to control how you eat – which means you should start trying to eat bandstar style. Protein first, veggies/fruits and then last – carbs.

If you have a really good fill, sometimes they only last 2 to 3 months - its really dependant on how much weight I lost. The more quickly I lost the weight (since I was also shrinking my stomach) the faster I needed a fill. Or you’re one of those really lucky people who hits their sweet spot fast – you never know till you get there!

Good luck, hope your fill goes well.

Lisa

Guest CaraMBA09
So on the 19th hubby and I get our second fills. We are a bit nervous, since we have been eating pretty much anything we want. Bread seems to be a little painful on the way down but other than that I think we are doing ok. We have adjusted our diets and what I have noticed is I am drinking more water which is what I needed so badly to do but never made the effort. Now I want water all the time. We debate alot about what is for dinner. Before it was just go out and get something. Things have really changed. We talk more about what's important to have at dinner. I think what I am concerned about is, is this going to change. Will we be changing our meals again? What were things that you noticed after the 2nd fill? I am hoping obviously for more weight loss but was the hunger gone? I seem to be hungrier. It has been a lot of will power to really stay on target. I have had a couple sandwhiches where I was concerned about the band, since the bread hurt on the way down. I worry about slipped band. After the second fill, did people have to give up bread completely? Can anyone give me an idea of how long their second fill lasted? We are getting a bit tight on money so I am hoping it will be good for at least a couple months so we can get some more money together for the next fill. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Stormy girlie

Enjoy your bread now because as your band is primed, you will no longer be able to eat it.

After my second fill, I found it was hit or miss if I ate bread

NO in the mornings

Yes in the afternoons

NO at night

3rd fill: absolutely freakin not! It is so painful to even have a piece the size of a button...to be honest, it is NOT worth it.

I am sure once my fill loosens up over the next few months, things may change

good luck!~

I haven't been able to do bread unless it was toasted. Even then, I only have a bite or two, never a whole piece. I have tried sandwiches and one tiny bite and I got tightness in my chest and it was too hard going down. I choose not to suffer when I eat, so I have pretty much given up bread. I have been able to have like 2 multi grain crackers with my first fill.

Sounds like you are hoping for restriction (due to price) so I would be willing to give the bread up.

Here is to hoping you have great restriction!

I haven't been able to do bread unless it was toasted. Even then, I only have a bite or two, never a whole piece. I have tried sandwiches and one tiny bite and I got tightness in my chest and it was too hard going down. I choose not to suffer when I eat, so I have pretty much given up bread. I have been able to have like 2 multi grain crackers with my first fill.

Sounds like you are hoping for restriction (due to price) so I would be willing to give the bread up.

Here is to hoping you have great restriction!

Oh man... I love my mom's homemade bread.

Oh man... I love my mom's homemade bread.

Also, let me add the toasted bread I eat has to be wheat. Not white bread. Kiss it good bye. It expands in your stomach and so it is impossible to eat.