Quitting smoking advice needed

I know several of you have quit smoking recently and I was hoping to get some pointers. I am having a tummy tuck/breast lift in a little under a month and I have to quit smoking before I can have the surgery. I was less worried about my lap band surgery and just cut back, but this time I have to completely quit 2 weeks before surgery so my nipples will re-attach. OUCH! I have quit before, with pregnancies..but since I eat very little now I tend to smoke more. I am afraid this time will be very difficult. It is not an option though..I have to quit. Period. I thought about Chantix, but I am not sure. The times I quit before I did it cold turkey, but I was also carrying babies inside of me and the guilt was too much for me to take. Any suggestions?

I know several of you have quit smoking recently and I was hoping to get some pointers. I am having a tummy tuck/breast lift in a little under a month and I have to quit smoking before I can have the surgery. I was less worried about my lap band surgery and just cut back, but this time I have to completely quit 2 weeks before surgery so my nipples will re-attach. OUCH! I have quit before, with pregnancies..but since I eat very little now I tend to smoke more. I am afraid this time will be very difficult. It is not an option though..I have to quit. Period. I thought about Chantix, but I am not sure. The times I quit before I did it cold turkey, but I was also carrying babies inside of me and the guilt was too much for me to take. Any suggestions?

I wish I could help you as well. I was a smoker before banding, but the times I tried to smoke afterwards hurt when I sucked in the air, so I guess I just quit by default because truthfully, I had no intention of quitting. I liked smoking, but now I'm glad I did--I didn't realize how much I smelled.

Good Luck!! I know it's not an easy thing to do, but you've done it in the past and you want that hot bod right? That far outweighs stinky cigarettes! :)

CHANTIX CHANTIX CHANTIX!!!

never a smoker - but GOOD LUCK! We are here for anytime you crave one! :) This is such a good thing for you...not just your nipples lol :) but seriously, quitting is such a good thing...you can do it! (P.S. Being a non smoker and I had a BR, I had no idea that would interfere with the surgery like that ouch)!

Haha, well I'm in the same boat as you. I've been trying to quit for about 2 months now and it's proving to be pretty difficult. I haven't given up hope though. I've cut back alot. I'd say that's the first step if you're trying for cold turkey. Not even at half a pack a day now. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks it won't be so hard. So I say cut back first, and if you're still having trouble, try the gum or chantix. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

The best way to quit smoking is to quit it. I have smoked for more that 15 cig a day for more that 10 yrs. But now I am leading a smoke free life. Thanks to chantix and the support my friends and family gave me when I was on medicine and was about to quit this habit.

I quit smoking in November and you are right, not eating is hard when you don't smoke. I used the patch but have heard great things on Chantix. One word of advice. IF you take any depression/anxiety medication, ask your doctor about taking anything. I was not aware that the patch can interfere with these medications and I had some major issues. :tease: :tease: I figured it out right away but I refused to stop using the patch. Just a warning.