Your surgery date

My flight had to be changed so that Im coming in the day OF surgery instead of the day before as I hoped. Im arriving at 12:30pm. I was wondering - how early/late do they do surgeries. Will I still be banded on that date or will they bump me to the next day?

Thanks!

My flight had to be changed so that Im coming in the day OF surgery instead of the day before as I hoped. Im arriving at 12:30pm. I was wondering - how early/late do they do surgeries. Will I still be banded on that date or will they bump me to the next day?

Thanks!

Hi Christy

I just got back home from being in Mexico at the OCC and lucerna hotel. We had to leave the hotel by the OCC private taxi at 7am. Everyone who has surgery on that date all goes together and does take a few trips. So that is why they have you coming the night before surgery and they do the bloodwork if you get to the office before they close and then they do the iv's getting them started and a heart test and lung fuction test. Forgive me If i don't type quite right. I just got back home with my husband who just had his done on Dec 30th. So you better give them a call. They had everyone done by 2-3pm I believe. A group of us all went together to get something to eat so no one went alone there. I hope this helps

Thanks, ive read so many stories of people arriving the day b efore and the staff asking them if they want to go ahead and get the surgery that I hoped it wouldnt matter... they were closed today so i couldnt call so i decided to ask here.

i'll call tomorrow. I forwarded the details to them already in email.

thanks,

christy

Thanks, ive read so many stories of people arriving the day b efore and the staff asking them if they want to go ahead and get the surgery that I hoped it wouldnt matter... they were closed today so i couldnt call so i decided to ask here.

i'll call tomorrow. I forwarded the details to them already in email.

thanks,

christy

MY SISSY HAD SURGERY THE DAY SHE ARRIVED AND GOT IN THE OR AROUND 4ish

Christy,

I think a lot will depend on their case load... but, if you were originally scheduled for that day it seems that you'd just be the last surgery. You need to let them know the change in your itinerary... and, they let you know immediately if there is a change.

Kristy

Hi, I am at OCC right now and ws the last one to have the surgery yesterday, they brought me into the or around 2:30 or so, the surgery itself only takes about 20 minutes Dr. Martinez said and the pre-op stuff did not take long so I wouldnt sweat it. Everyone here is soo polite! I dont want to go home! :D

Hi, I am at OCC right now and ws the last one to have the surgery yesterday, they brought me into the or around 2:30 or so, the surgery itself only takes about 20 minutes Dr. Martinez said and the pre-op stuff did not take long so I wouldnt sweat it. Everyone here is soo polite! I dont want to go home! :D

Congrats and welcome to the other side! Hope you are feeling well!