solid foods

aguagirl19

Hi everyone,

I've been on solids for the about a week now. I haven't lost anything this last week. I was doing really good on liquids. It's all just come to a sudden halt. I'm walking miles everyday and making sure I'm not taking in too many calories. What can I do to jumpstart the weight loss again? Anyone else have the same dilema? Thanks

Erica

That has been a huge question of mine also. I have been doing fine losing on the creamy stage and I start solids on Monday. Just this morning I was wondering what is going to happen when I start on solids. I hope we find out if this is normal.

Anne

Welcome to bandster hell, the phase between starting solids and your first fill.

Lots of people plateau or even gain at this point. I think we are still healing, so we shouldn't be concerned with weight loss, just try to figure out your eating habits etc. The band is empty so there is not much restriction yet.

The weight will start to come off after your first fill and you feel true restiction.

Hi everyone,

I've been on solids for the about a week now. I haven't lost anything this last week. I was doing really good on liquids. It's all just come to a sudden halt. I'm walking miles everyday and making sure I'm not taking in too many calories. What can I do to jumpstart the weight loss again? Anyone else have the same dilema? Thanks

Erica

I am also noticing that my weight has no longer dropped, that was so exciting when it happened. What I am seeing is inches shrinking, and my hubby sees it also. I am not scheduling my first fill just yet, I still get full pretty easily, but I have started excercising. Another thing that I have to constantly reming myself to do is drink more water and of course with that comes fiber!!!Don't forget your fiber!!Jazzy has drilled this into my head and it does work. Remember this band is a tool and we have to use it as such. It is way too easy to fall back in old habits. I use a pill box to keep track of what to take and when.

I do look forward to the scale going down again, but I know it is a matter of time and lots of patience!!Hope this helps.

Firecracker

Hi everyone,

Erica

Hi Erica,

I was banded 11/14 and I am going on week 3 of NO weight loss. I have not gained but have not lost and it is pretty depressing! I was so excited while on Liquids, I was loosing and not hungry AT ALL, honestly had trouble getting all of my liquids. When I started food" after day 21 I thought I was never going to have to have a fill. Well let me tell you that changed overnight. I swear one day I was eating like a bird and the next day I can honestly say for the first time since being banded I was HUNGRY! I have a fill scheduled this coming Friday and I have found out that I can eat just about anything with no problems. I have to really be carfull of the NO NO foods, like sweets, chips, dips, because they go down VERY easy. Hang in there and welcome to Bandster Hell!!!! They say is gets better, I sure hope so!

Welcome to bandster hell, the phase between starting solids and your first fill.

Lots of people plateau or even gain at this point. I think we are still healing, so we shouldn't be concerned with weight loss, just try to figure out your eating habits etc. The band is empty so there is not much restriction yet.

The weight will start to come off after your first fill and you feel true restiction.

Exactly what I was going to say...welcome to bandster hell! :) Although even after 1 fill i'm still in the same boat. I maybe lose .4 or so a week if i'm lucky and i'm keeping my portions low. Just an unfortunate part of the process. But i've had many assure me that after a couple of fills it will start to come off. Stick to the plan and it will work.

Although I must agree on the inches lost. The last couple of weeks I haven't lost, but am getting tons of compliments and people are noticing. Also, my clothes aren't fitting anymore. Someone put it well when they said my "body is catching up with my weight loss" and I really believe that is true. When I was on liquids and at first on solids I used to fear that I would get on the scale one morning and all the weight would have come back. This was b/c I really wasn't seeing the weight loss except for on the scales.

Hang in there and also make sure you are measuring. I am kicking myself for not doing that from the get go. I think it would have kept my motivation up more.

That's a good idea...measuring ourselves...Im still 2nd week liquids going into my 3rd week this Monday and I can already feel my clothes getting loose...I'll have to borrow my uncles measuring tape and measure myself

Exactly what I was going to say...welcome to bandster hell! :) Although even after 1 fill i'm still in the same boat. I maybe lose .4 or so a week if i'm lucky and i'm keeping my portions low. Just an unfortunate part of the process. But i've had many assure me that after a couple of fills it will start to come off. Stick to the plan and it will work.

Although I must agree on the inches lost. The last couple of weeks I haven't lost, but am getting tons of compliments and people are noticing. Also, my clothes aren't fitting anymore. Someone put it well when they said my "body is catching up with my weight loss" and I really believe that is true. When I was on liquids and at first on solids I used to fear that I would get on the scale one morning and all the weight would have come back. This was b/c I really wasn't seeing the weight loss except for on the scales.

Hang in there and also make sure you are measuring. I am kicking myself for not doing that from the get go. I think it would have kept my motivation up more.

Definitely measure! Like I said i'm really kicking myself for not doing it right from the get go. Even though I'm a couple months in, I am going to dig out my measuring tape and do it anyway. I've had many folks tell me they have had the same experience where they aren't losing, but clothes start fitting different and people start noticing. Whatever can help with motivation i'll take it!!!!! :lol:

Wow Thanks for all the responses and tips. It really helps knowing that others are going through the same thing or have been there before. Since my initial post the scale has only budged a bit but I did get my first compliment. That made up for some of the scale disappointment. I'm also going to start measuring like previously mentioned. Sounds like I might find some motivation in that. In the mean time, I've continued walking daily and taking fiber supplements to avoid gettting too hungry. Good luck to everybody currently in bandster hell. Remember its only temporary.

Erica

I too have been disapointed with the scale, so much so that I am choosy as to how often I get on it. I lost 20 lbs from the start of pre-op to 3 weeks post-op. Since then the scale has not budged!!I like another bandsters cute picture on her site of the lady shooting the scale with a gun, it makes me laugh every time I read it.

At the beginning I also did not think I would need a fill as soon as recommended, I felt I wouldn't need one for several months with the restriction I felt and how easily I get full. But with the scale not moving, it can get discouraging and I am considering a fill sooner.

I do know that even though the scale stays the same, my husband is always saying how he is visibly noticing my loss, in inches. My arms, legs, waist (what's that?!) butt, boobs (read my other post about these girls), neck. So I am encouraged that way.

I am also getting back in my head and remembering the determination I had while on the pre-op diet, and how it felt good to loose and I overall just felt better. I think that once we start to eat again, we start to fade and think that it doesn't take as much work on our mental part, that the band will do all the work for us. Wrong thinking! This is a lifestyle change and it is work on a daily basis.

I cannot stress enough to plan ahead for meals, vitamins, excercise. It is so easy fall back into old habits.

Thanks for all the great posts and atta boys, right back at ya!! =D>

Pre-op weight 180

Banded 12/3/08

3 week post-op weight 156 (lowest in a long time)

Today 158 ( 5 weeks post op)