Sooo... dreampt about food last night

Yes I full on dreampt about food. I had a couple big meals in the dream and realize the main focus of my mind is on food. I had gotten a whole plate stacked thick with pancakes, with sort of a fluffy whipped cream and chocolate chip topping. Someone actually came over to pour hot melted butter on them for me. I find it amusing that it was melted butter and not syrup, but attribute that to the fact that there were already sweep toppings on the pancakes. Melted butter, can you believe it! I could actually TASTE the meal in my dream... and it was delicious. I woke up before I could finish it... BLEH! :-) I should mention that all day yesterday I wasn't eating much and was super lethargic by end of day. Worked out in the morning on WiiFit, but probly overdid it a bit. My workouts on the WiiFit have been getting progressively harder, my idea of course. I use the running game a lot because I get a great sweat form it. But probly didn't eat enough protein.

My pancake dream is obviously linked to my preop diet and upcoming surgery. Lost 7 pounds in the last 8 days so I'm feeling good and know I'm doing well. But that dream thru me for a loop. Does everyone do this? And what exactly is it saying about me? Am I more preoccupied with food than I thought? Am I a food addict in denial about my addiction? It's not hard to believe that food might be my "crack", but makes me wonder if so what whole am I trying to fill?I also wonder if I will dream about food the first few months after getting banded. Time will tell I guess. In fact, probly won't really start dealing with my food issues until I do get banded. Just thought I'd share.

:P

I ALWAYS dream about food, pretty much every night. In fact, lately I've been dreaming about eating food and then freaking out in my dream because I'm not supposed to be eating food. There I'll be, eating cakes and burgers, and then I'll realize, "Hey, you're not supposed to be eating food yet! You might kill yourself!" So I start spitting out the food. I like food dreams, and I like watching TV about food. It keeps me sane.

Totally normal!!! As time goes on it's gotten less and less for me, but it is still there. I had a dream one night that someone gave me a beer and after a couple drinks I remembered I couldn't have it and freaked out. The dream was really vivid!!!

That is one of the hardest parts for me about this process. It's the mental stuff - you never notice how many commercials there are on TV with food until after the surgery. Kind of like once you buy a new car you seem to see it everywhere! :)

I haven't dreamt about food (yet) but I have noticed all the food commercials..lol. I have also been aware of how much I link food and some special place or thing. Like today, we were going to go to Disneyland, but I was thinking once the point of going if I can't have their delicious mozzarella sticks or their soup in the big sour dough bread bowl. Then I was thinking about going to Vegas after being banded, and I got disappointed knowing I wouldn't be able to eat like I used to while there. I just can't believe how much I thought about food. It's crazy!

I do that with cigarettes! I haven't had one since Jan. 1995 and I still dream that I started smoking again. ugggg.. sometimes

it seems so real. I am always glad when I wake up and find out it was only a dream, So I guess it must be normal, I still have dreams

about my ex husband too and I haven't seen him for 10 years. :wacko::wacko: I would rather dream of food :D:D

I haven't dreamt about food (yet) but I have noticed all the food commercials..lol. I have also been aware of how much I link food and some special place or thing. Like today, we were going to go to Disneyland, but I was thinking once the point of going if I can't have their delicious mozzarella sticks or their soup in the big sour dough bread bowl. Then I was thinking about going to Vegas after being banded, and I got disappointed knowing I wouldn't be able to eat like I used to while there. I just can't believe how much I thought about food. It's crazy!

next time u go to vegas think about how you'll look in an ultra short dress entering one of the many dance clubs. :-D

I don't think it necessarily means something bad! I was completely obsessed with food for many years and yet I don't think I ever dreamed about it. I honestly can't remember a dream involving food, ever, and I have had some memorable recurring dreams about other things.

I guess because my mind was so focused on food during the day that it needed a break at night!

next time u go to vegas think about how you'll look in an ultra short dress entering one of the many dance clubs. :-D

I do like that thought better :D