Question about payment for the fill

I was just banded on Thursday, but I was thinking of going ahead and scheduling my first fill for the end of Feb. If I make the appointment now, will I be required to pay for it now (I am going to need transportation, too) ?

I was just banded on Thursday, but I was thinking of going ahead and scheduling my first fill for the end of Feb. If I make the appointment now, will I be required to pay for it now (I am going to need transportation, too) ?

I'd call your coordinator,, she can schedule that fill and arrange transportation.

You pay in cash or by personal check when you are there.

Make sure if you get the $279 package that the hotel does not also charge you. After I got my fill and went to the Lucerna, they insisted the clinic was not paying for me and I had to pay $90. I said it was part of the package I'd paid and they said no, the OCC made the reservation for me but did not pay for it. I thought maybe I'd been mistaken about the package so I just paid. Anyway I called Gloria the next day and the hotel WAS part of the package, so now I have a $90 credit with the OCC.

You pay in cash or by personal check when you are there.

Make sure if you get the $279 package that the hotel does not also charge you. After I got my fill and went to the Lucerna, they insisted the clinic was not paying for me and I had to pay $90. I said it was part of the package I'd paid and they said no, the OCC made the reservation for me but did not pay for it. I thought maybe I'd been mistaken about the package so I just paid. Anyway I called Gloria the next day and the hotel WAS part of the package, so now I have a $90 credit with the OCC.

So what does the $279 package include?

You will need to contact Gloria Miranda to make your appointment. She does everything! Be sure that you don't make your own hotel reservation, it must be done through her! Her email address is gloria@obesitycontrolcenter.com. She's way sweet! And, she responses in a timely fashion to your emails!

You pay at the time you get your fill. For the package deal... it is $279. This includes $100 for flouro, transportation to and from the airport and one night at a hotel. You have to pay cash or check. You should be fine if you schedule your first fill six weeks post-op. That's what I did so that I could purchase my airline ticket at a decent price. Actually, I haven't even had my first fill yet (Can anyone say this coming Friday!) and I have already scheduled my second fill and purchased my airline ticket for that trip too!

Kristy

Gloria is great. I wrote her about the Lucerna information and I hope she can get them to refund my card asap, or else I will bring it up with the bank. I can't afford that at all right now!

Amanda,

I can't believe that they charged you $200! I would freak... that is a lot of money. Let us know how it goes. I may just put down a cash deposit for incidentals rather than my credit card. Beyond the surgery cost... this life adventure is quite expensive. Uhm... surgery, three airline tickets in the span of 3 months, a treadmill, fill costs... oh, and don't forget the expensive water bottle I bought!

Kristy

Yeah, I will just need transportation to and from the border parking lot, no hotel. I sent an email from the website requesting Feb 20th. Does anyone know what transportation + fill would cost?

Yeah, I will just need transportation to and from the border parking lot, no hotel. I sent an email from the website requesting Feb 20th. Does anyone know what transportation + fill would cost?

The fill is $100 and the transportation is $99. My first fill is next Friday - but have scheduled the $279 package.

Judi

The fill is $100 and the transportation is $99. My first fill is next Friday - but have scheduled the $279 package.

Judi

Yep, Judi is right. For the fill and transportation it's $199 For the fill, trasportation, and one nite hotel stay it's $279.

Call Gloria at 1-619-819-8566 or email her at gloria@obesitycontrolcenter.com.

Gloria is GREAT!

Amanda,

I can't believe that they charged you $200! I would freak... that is a lot of money. Let us know how it goes. I may just put down a cash deposit for incidentals rather than my credit card. Beyond the surgery cost... this life adventure is quite expensive. Uhm... surgery, three airline tickets in the span of 3 months, a treadmill, fill costs... oh, and don't forget the expensive water bottle I bought!

Kristy

Kristy! You overspent on that water bottle! LOL

So, I got an email back from Rene, that said Feb 20th was too soon, even though I checked and it's at the 6 week mark. Hmm... I guess I will try for the following week.

So, I got an email back from Rene, that said Feb 20th was too soon, even though I checked and it's at the 6 week mark. Hmm... I guess I will try for the following week.

Idon't schedule my fills with Rene but to Gloria, the frost receptionist. She does the calendar. Call her at 1-619-819-8566 or email her at gloria@obsecitycontrolcenter.com.

Hope this helps...and the earliest is 6 weeks from your surgery date. Gloria is cool...

Go through Gloria... gloria@obesitycontrolcenter.com. She told me that I would have to wait six months between my first and second fill. However, because of traveling costs... I requested that she schedule my second fill for four weeks after my first fill. And, she did. I get my first fill this week... yay!

Kristy

Does anyone know what the cost of getting the fill and the transportation is? (minus the hotel stay)

Thanks

It looks like, according to what is on this thread, that it would cost 199.00. I had to read it to find out but the info is on here. so is the phone # and who to contact, You might want to read the whole thread, it has lots of useful info on it.