Exhausted!

Hello all,

I know that with all of our busy life schedules and all that it's normal to feel tired at the end of a long day, or when we don't get enough sleep, etc., but are there people here who just NEVER feel rested?

I'm a teenager--and I do have to admit that I'm stressed out a lot because of the workload in school, but other than that I'm healthy (now that I've lost the weight :). It's just that no matter what--whether I've slept 10 hours or 3 hours, or I've taken a nap or not, I'm just always exhausted. And I mean, like ALWAYS.

I have sleep apnea, but sleep with a machine, so I don't even know if I can blame it on that.

Could it be some sort of lack of nourishment from not eating all that much? I have no idea if it's connected, because I'll feel sick whether it's been 7 hours since my last meal or 2 hours, so...

Again, what I feel is not just a little sluggish, it's sometimes full on not being able to walk straight or see straight, even after a full night's sleep.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

Thanks!

--TRS

Trs- I know what you mean. I feel the same way. I am pretty sure it has to do with lack of nutrients. Also, I would consider going to your MD and having some blood wk done. Its possible your iron level is low, or possibly other things. Let us know how your feeling! Take care.

I feel tired often too. But I have kids and I don't sleep well........ Make sure you get your vitamins that are recommended for you. I take "Drinkables" veggie and fruit every morning. I got it at Costco. I always feel good after taking it. Are you getting enough protein? Can you have bloodwork taken to make sure you aren't anemic? Might be worth it to get checked out.............

Karen

P.S. Good work!! You should post pics!!!

Agree, it's good to get your bloodwork done to make sure. But chances are it's just lack of nutrients, especially protein. I know it sounds odd, but when I work out I get more energy. Would think it would make me more tired, but it does just the opposite.

Thank you guys so much for your time and your replies.

I'm actually scheduled for a well visit to the doctor on Thursday, so I'll be sure to bring this up when I go. I'll keep you posted!

--TRS

P.S. Thanks, Karen! You guys are all doing so well, too. :)

The amount of sleep that teenagers need is usually underestimated. In fact they generally need even more sleep than some younger age groups. This is due to the huge amount of brain development that occurs during the teen years (up to around 21). Most teens need at least 9-10 hours a night and most teens don't get it. I know that I didn't and especially in my senior year I was exhausted all of the time. Protein is a bit thing nutritionally, but it could also be hormonal. Particularly any thyroid issues can cause extreme fatigue.

Also check how much caffeine you are consuming. This is a hard one as I can remember practically living on coke in highschool but it is the worst thing for you.

Good luck with your Drs visit

Hello all,

I know that with all of our busy life schedules and all that it's normal to feel tired at the end of a long day, or when we don't get enough sleep, etc., but are there people here who just NEVER feel rested?

I'm a teenager--and I do have to admit that I'm stressed out a lot because of the workload in school, but other than that I'm healthy (now that I've lost the weight :). It's just that no matter what--whether I've slept 10 hours or 3 hours, or I've taken a nap or not, I'm just always exhausted. And I mean, like ALWAYS.

I have sleep apnea, but sleep with a machine, so I don't even know if I can blame it on that.

Could it be some sort of lack of nourishment from not eating all that much? I have no idea if it's connected, because I'll feel sick whether it's been 7 hours since my last meal or 2 hours, so...

Again, what I feel is not just a little sluggish, it's sometimes full on not being able to walk straight or see straight, even after a full night's sleep.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

Thanks!

--TRS

HELLO

MY 19 YR OLD DAUGHTER WAS TIRED ALL THE TIME (DOES NOT HAVE BAND) AND WHILE WE ATTRIBUTED ALOT OF HER MOOD SWINGS TO BEING A TEENAGER AFTER TALKING TO DR FOUND OUT BEING TIRED ALL THE TIME WAS A MAJOR RED FLAG FOR DEPRESSION. SHE STARTED TAKING LOW DOSE OF ANTIDEPRESSANT AND SAID SHE FELT SOOO MUCH BETTER. SHE DID NOT EVEN KNOW SHE WAS DEPRESSED. I WOULD TALK TO DOCTOR LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HAS SAID AND IF ALL YOUR BLOODWORK IS GOOD MAYBE DISCUSS OTHER CHEMICAL IMBALANCE POSSIBILITIES WITH YOUR DOCTOR. ONLY A DOCTOR CAN DIAGNOSE WHAT WOULD BE CAUSING ... ONLY MENTIONED BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER IS SO MUCH HAPPIER AND NOT ON A ROLLER COASTER RIDE OF EMOTIONS ANYMORE. I HOPE YOUR DOCTOR FINDS WHAT YOU NEED IS A SIMPLE SOLUTION AND YOU FIND IT IS JUST A MATTER OF EATING HEALTHIER OR SOMETHING - BEST OF LUCK