incisions

Hey everyone,

I am 8 days post op. My little incisions look like little cat scratches now. My largest incision is different. half of it looks like the other ones, and the other half looks like its opened up a little and is a little pink and swollen just a bit.

Is this normal?

Ive been putting neosporen (sp?) on it and covering it during the day with a gauze piece so that my clothes dont rub on it.

How long before everyone's incisions healed up totally?

You incision sounds EXACTLY like mine! I have had issues with my large incision... so much so that Dr. Martinez and Dr. Acosta have called me. The thing that FINALLY worked for me was purchasing blister bandages from Target. They worked wonders! You put them on and they stay put even through showers. I would recommend them 100%!

Kristy

Sounds sort of normal, maybe part of it was irritated earlier by a certain blouse or soemthing, hope it gets better. My big incision is almost non visible and I am 14 days post op. my little ones are taking longer to scab/heal so I am the opposite of you. Good luck, hope it gets better.

The thing that FINALLY worked for me was purchasing blister bandages from Target. They worked wonders! You put them on and they stay put even through showers. I would recommend them 100%!

Kristy

I agree with Kristy on this...I LOVE my showers! I, too, bought Target's bandages as they were waterproof and I didn't have to worry about the incisions being opened, etc.

Also, at WalMart, I purchased Maderma, a gel tube with a hard plastic topper to ease out the gel. THIS is a WONDERFUL products for both old and new scars. It softens and smoothe the scar/incisions. AWESOME stuff. WARNING!! This stuff is concentrated and a LITTLE goes a long ways! I put a light, even layer on and let it dry and go about your business putting on your clothes, etc.

My largest incision, where the port is, is healed and nicely smoothe with no raised skin at all. Also, during the early days, I also put Vitamin E oil (just break a capsule) on rubbed it on for extra protection and healing. So, I use Maderma morning and nite and then Vit E during the day...easy and simple!